To The Girls Who Love My First Love

To The Girls Who Love My First Love

Please take care of him well, love him hard, and know that I am happy that you make him happy.

37
To The Girls Who Love My First Love

This may seem like an open letter, but I assure you it’s not. This is a worldwide thank you to every girl that loved them next, that loved first loves next. This is me thanking them for what the rest of us will never admit. This is me saying thank you for giving him what I couldn’t.

Thank you for making him laugh again, he always had a hard time really laughing at things. He’ll tell you his smile was messed up before he got braces, but he’s wrong. You probably see the photos of him with them and see exactly what I saw: beauty. He doesn’t like his dimples as much as we do, but trust me when I tell you, they’re the most perfect indentions.

Thank you for looking after him. He needs it, but won’t ever admit it. He feels everything way more than normal people do, he just refuses to show it. He’s afraid of being hurt again, so please I beg you not to do that. He acts tough, and I’m not saying that he isn’t, but he likes to wear this mask that nothing matters to him but it’s a lie.

Thank you for loving him unconditionally. I hate to say you won’t ever love him like I do, but it’s true. We were each other’s first loves and we will always share a special kind of love. But thank you so much for loving him, in a way I couldn’t. For giving him joy and happiness, for making him see the stars as more than just stars, and the moon as more than just a rock.

Thank you for helping him get on the right path. It's ironic because he wasn’t good at math when I met him. I actually helped him with his homework a few times and now look at him going into finances. Thank you for leading him down a path where he will be happy, where he won’t get hurt, where things will be okay for him.

Thank you for being there for him. He needs someone who will have his back, even though he won’t tell you when he’s in a bad place. I know him well, him and I grew up a little together, he’s very closed off and I hope you help change that.

Thank you for helping him get over his fears. You got him to go on a plane, and he used to be extremely afraid of heights. Not only that but you got him to like dogs and cats, which he wasn’t the biggest animal person before. He used to be afraid of my 20 pound dog.

Thank you for loving him after me. I can almost guarantee he was stubborn and cold in the beginning, but that’s just because he was scared. He’s more fragile than he seems, but don’t let that fool you either, he can still take the hits. He might be harsh sometimes but trust me, it’s just because he loves with all of his being and never expects to get it back, he doesn’t think he deserves that love, but trust me, he does. Please take care of him well, love him hard, and know that I am happy that you make him happy.