dear sweet pups, thank you for being the light of my life

You both are so special in your own ways, and you will always take up an enormous part of my heart.

23

To my sweet pups,

Even though you both have only been a part of my life for a short while, you have brought me so much happiness. I remember each day I came home to find you both, the grin on my face extending to my ears. I couldn't even begin to imagine how much joy you both would bring into my life.

We didn't adopt you as puppies and we didn't adopt you when I was a child. I didn't get to see you grow up and I didn't get to grow up with you, but that doesn't make me love you any less. Being able to be your new family and your new home was more than enough for me. I've loved being able to watch your personalities develop from the day we brought you home to now. You both are so special in your own ways, and you will always take up an enormous part of my heart.

Coming home and having you there at the door to greet me, jumping and whining because you were so excited, could make me smile even on the worst days. No matter what was going on in my life, no matter how down I felt, you both were always the little light to help brighten up my day. It amazed me that you both could tell when I was having one of those days; I would sit crying in my room and you would come in with your tail wagging and sit next to me and just let me cry, and that little comfort was all I needed to get through those times. I wish I could tell you how much that meant to me.

One of the hardest parts about leaving for college is not seeing your two sweet faces every day. You both are family to me, and just like not seeing the rest of my family, it's hard not to be able to see you two every day, especially when I know you both won't be there to comfort me when I'm having a bad day.

You two have been everything I could ever wish for in a dog. You both are so different but I love you both the same. I wish you could read this and I wish I could tell you just how much you two mean to me. The two sweet little lights in my life, thank you. Thank you for being there for me without thinking about it. Thank you for loving me unconditionally. Thank you for being a part of our family.

It hurts whenever I come home to visit and have to leave because I can't tell you that I'll be back. I hate seeing that look on your faces. I wish I could tell you I'll always come back and I wish I could tell you both that I will love you forever. I hope you both know that, even if I can't tell you.