Thank You, Birth Control

Thank You, Birth Control

#ThxBirthControl Campaign

33
Thank You, Birth Control
Twitter

If you were on social media last week, you might have noticed that on November 16, a social media campaign was launched to help support the use of birth control. The purpose of the campaign is to get people to talk about it, to ask questions and to debunk myths that there might be about some forms of birth control. It's amazing that we live in a time period that men and women can take control of their lives in this manner and be able to prevent pregnancy when needed.

Birth control plays a big role in society, more than people think. It plays a role in the economic and education worlds as well. When women are given the opportunity to prevent or even space out pregnancies, healthier, more loved and nurtured children are brought into this world.

It's important that if you have questions regarding birth control options, availability, cost, or how it works that you contact your doctor to discuss these concerns. Birth control isn't to be taken lightly because this is your life that we are talking about. It's important to talk to your doctor about which method is right for you. It might seem embarrassing at the time to talk about, but I have a feeling that giving birth might just be more embarrassing than talking about birth control.

There are so many methods out there like barrier methods: condoms, the female condom, diagrams, and cervical caps. There are intrauterine devices (IUD) such as the Mirena, Skyla, and Paragard. There are multiple different brands of birth control pills, as well. It can come in injections, patches, and implants. All range in different hormone types, doses, routes, price, and effectiveness.

The main point of this thank you to birth control article is to have young adults realize how many options there really are out there. Currently, there are health care policies in place that make all birth control free to anyone. It's crazy to think that with a policy like that, young women lives throughout the United States are changed due to unplanned pregnancy.

So, if you are one of the lucky individuals that have a successful form of birth control, take a moment to say thank you to your birth control and think about how different your life may be without it. So don't be afraid to speak out and let others know about your birth control method because it may have saved your life and your aspirations and it may save someone else's too. #ThxBirthControl