An Overdue Thank You To The Best Friends That Became My Family

I don't know what I would do without them.

15
Photo by Ben Duchac on Unsplash

The summer before my freshman year of college, I realized that I was truly leaving all of my high school friends behind.

I was going have to start over. To be honest, I never struggled with making friends. I just struggled with the aspect of keeping friends in my life and not letting them walk all over me.

Then, I met you.

I got the chance to go to a three-day leadership development program. We stayed on campus and were separated into different groups to work with for the whole weekend. That's when I met Kat and Zack. Zack was in a group with me for the whole weekend. We bonded over Disney. Kat and I stayed glued together for the whole program.

After the program, we grew even closer.

The three of us became the Three Caballeros, the trio from the Mexico Pavilion ride at Epcot. Then, I met Taylor who lived in my building. We bonded over Disney movies and life problems while talking at the front desk. I never thought that the four of us could be a group.

We moved into the new school year.

The four of us hung out one day and realized we just fit so well together. It was almost like we were family. Zack is one of the first people I go to with my problems. He always lets me talk it out before he gives me advice. Kat and Taylor let me vent as well. They're always there to make me laugh and say that they're going to beat someone up. The three of them were all there for me when I went through a tough breakup.

I'm so thankful to have you in my life. So, to Kat, Taylor and Zack, thank you.

Thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for not only being my best friends, but also my family. Thank you for creating a safe zone for me. Thank you for always making me laugh and going on adventures with me.

Here's to the laughs, dance competitions, movie nights, family dinners, grocery trips, and Steak and Shake adventures.

Thank you for accepting me for who I am. Thank you for being my best friends and my family.

I don't know what I would do without you. I love you.