A Thank You To My "Random" Roommates

A Thank You To My "Random" Roommates

Just some well deserved thank yous.

152
A Thank You To My "Random" Roommates
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/05/03/636609118597073745756828929_Roomies%203.jpg

Almost 9 months ago I moved into my dorm room with 2 complete strangers. I knew little to no information about them other than what my Instagram and Facebook stalking had discovered. I had no idea who these people were other than that I would be living with them for 9 months in a brand new place.

Living with two complete strangers is scary.

Every time someone would ask me why I had decided not to choose my roommates the answer was simple: I had a hard enough time choosing a school to attend, having to choose roommates would be nearly impossible. I heard horror story after horror story about how terrible freshmen year roommates could be.

I was scared. I worried that they would hate me and we would have an awful living situation. I was scared we would fight all the time and simply, that they wouldn't like me. I was terrified about having just one roommate, but TWO? I didn't know what to expect or how to live with two complete strangers.

Now, I am beyond glad that I did in fact go random. Luckily, I was paired with two of the most easy going and amazing roommates. They've put up with a lot of my issues, and to that I could not say thank you enough, but I'm gonna give it a shot.

Thank you for not getting mad when my alarm goes off for the 3rd time in a row at 7am.

Thank you for dealing with my late nights and maybe not so quiet entrances into the room at 2am.

Thank you for supporting me in all my failures and successes.

Thank you for not being mad when I take a nap in the middle of the day.

Thank you for supporting me in becoming a D1 Athlete.

Thank you for leaving out Girl Scout cookies when it has been one of those weeks.

Thank you for dealing with my unmade bed day after day after day.

Thank you for giving me one of the best years of my life.

Thank you for helping me make this school my new home.

Thank you for all the late nights, early mornings, and laughs over stupid things happening in our lives.

Thank you for being the best roommates I could ever imagine for my first year in college.

Thank you for not only being my roommates, but also my friends.

Thank you for an incredible year.