A Thank You Letter To Passionate Professors

You are appreciated.

1273
telfer

Passionate professors are hard to come by. However, I've somehow been blessed to have a professor each year who goes above beyond for their students. It isn't easy to grade over 100 papers in a week, create interesting and up-to-date material for four different courses/subjects, respond to 50 emails in one day and find time for yourself, your family and the students who bombard your office. Dedicated professors don't get enough recognition and praise, and that is why I'm writing this letter.

This letter is to the professors who juggle two different lives: family and professional. You all are the ones who go to sleep late at night after picking up the children from daycare or school, cooking dinner for the family, conversing with your children and spouse, helping your children with their homework and staying up late to do your own homework. You all wake up at the crack of dawn to wake your children up, cook breakfast, kiss your spouse goodbye, drop the children off at school/daycare and respond to students' emails about them having "an excuse" to miss class.

This letter is to the professors who love what they teach. You all spend years, months, days and hours adequately studying material that you hope will change the lives and shape the minds of young adults who don't even want to buy the one book you assign. You all have a true passion to share what you have learned and studied for years. You all are the professors whose passion rubs off on students like me. You all come to class full of energy, enthusiasm, organization and confidence. Students like me feed of your array of passion and knowledge for the subject/material and appreciate it deeply.

The professors who work diligently to grade their students' assignments and tests in a timely fashion especially deserve a round of applause! You all are my favorite. You all are the ones who understand students like me...the ones who anxiously wait and count every second that goes by after submitting an assignment or test we worked hard on. Thank you for decreasing my stress level.

Thank you to the professors who leave valuable, detailed feedback on assignments. You all are the ones who truly help students better themselves. You are the ones who push your students to give it their best effort.

Thank you to the professors who understand the multiple lifestyles and cultures of their students.

Thank you to the professors who don't mind giving deserving students an 'A' when they have a 'B' average. You all are the passionate professors who look past a couple of assignments they didn't do well on and instead look at their character, attendance and effort.

Passionate professors are the ones who travel to conferences, conduct research, and study new trends and ideas in order to provide their students with the most recent and effective material.

You all deserve a standing ovation. You all deserve a gold medal. You all deserve to be acknowledged and praised! From the bottom of my heart, I speak on behalf of all your students when I say...

Thank you for being a passionate professor!

Sincerely,

A Grateful Student