A Thank You Letter To Mom Now That I'm At College

Thank you to the woman who always listens to me, gives me advice, and is my biggest supporter and role model.

209
Cat Tribble

Dear Mom,

Going off to college has caused me to realize multiple things, but one of the things I never thought I would notice was how much more I appreciate you than before. It's not that I never appreciated you or thanked you before college, but I just never realized how much it is that you do for me. You deserve so much more appreciation than you get. So here's to you mom: thank you for everything you do.

Thank you for always listening to me complain and rant: I know you have so many other things you should or want to be doing with your day, but I know I can always count you to answer the phone and listen to me rant about what Chad in the Hawaiian shirt from Sigma Apple Pie did yesterday at the date party or what my chemistry professor did to ruin my life this week. I love how you always listen intently no matter what it is I want to talk about. You always want to hear about my life, and I appreciate how you take time out of your day just to listen to me talk on the phone for hours.

Thank you for calling me out and giving me the advice I don't want to hear: Sometimes people need to be told something that they don't want to hear. Thank you for being that person for me. I know I normally get mad at first and tell you that "you just don't understand", but deep down I know that you're probably right. I'm sorry for all those times I over reacted and got mad because you didn't let me go out one night or because you didn't let me wear certain clothes, or when you would tell me to be the bigger person when someone was mean at school, or when you would try to help me learn to drive and I was just too stubborn to listen. I know you're always right, and I want to thank you for continuing to give me advice even though I don't always listen the first time.

Thank you for believing in me and encouraging me: From the time when I wanted to be a doctor, to a journalist, to an athletic trainer, to a brand developer, to now, you stood by my side and told me I would be great at whatever it is I decide to do. You've always been so encouraging at everything I could put my mind to. Even when I was younger and went started a different sport on a monthly basis: you were always front row at every single ballet recital, tennis match, soccer game, and cheer competition.You'll never know just how much I appreciate your constant encouragement and believing in me now matter what I want to do.

Thank you for Being My Role Model: There are just so many things I admire about you and strive to embody in myself. First, I strive to obtain your constant selflessness. I know you'll drop everything if someone needs you. Like the time I was sick freshman year and you took off of work, drove 4 hours to campus, took me to the doctor, and drove the 4 hours back home in one day. Second, I know you'll always do anything for me.I strive to be as positive as you are. No matter if you're having the worst day ever, you'll always have a smile on your face and look at the positives in life.Lastly, I strive to have your generous spirit. You always let me borrow your clothes (and even take them to college), lend me money when I go way over my budget, and even let me borrow your car when mine isn't working. There are just so many things I admire in you and hope I can one day embody in the woman I grow up to be.

Being your youngest child, we always had a special kind of bond. I was your little buddy for so many years, and I want to apologize for those few years in high school where we never got along. I honestly regret losing that time with you. You deserved so much more, but you were still always by my side and loved me. I know you deserve so much more than this, but I hope you realize how much I appreciate you being in my life and how thankful I am that your my mom. I love you.

Forever and Always,

Your Kitty Cat