A Letter To My Hero In Heaven

A Letter To My Hero In Heaven

On Earth or in Heaven, you will always be my hero.

82
A Letter To My Hero In Heaven
Alena's photos

There aren't many people that I admire, I mean truly admire. You however, are an exception. You are someone that I strive to be like every day. Though you may not be on Earth to guide me anymore, you have taught me an innumerable amount of lessons.

Here are just 8 of those lessons that you taught me before leaving this life:

1. I am not everyone's cup of tea, and that's alright: there are roughly 7.5 billion people on this planet, there is no way they will all be pleased with me. You have showed me that even though you won't be everyone's favorite, it is most important to be your favorite person.

2. You will fall, but you will get back up: I can't even begin to count all of the times I have messed up in life: relationships, bad grades, try- outs for teams, but you showed me how to stand up and get back on the saddle.

3. There are going to be tasks that you feel like you cannot accomplish, but you can do anything: So many times you heard me complaining about a class, or a situation I was in. Without fail you would tell me, "You can do anything for a short amount of time", and I'll be darned if you weren't right. Thank you for showing me how to put my head down and to power through.

4. Learn to laugh at yourself, it will serve you well in so many situations: You will fall, both literally and figuratively, and people are going to laugh. You have showed me that they are usually laughing WITH me, not AT me, so long as I am willing to let my guard down and laugh.

5. Never be afraid to ask for help: This is a hard life, but it is going to be a lot harder if you aren't willing to face the fact that you can't do this life all by yourself. You showed me how to ask for help, with out seeming weak, in fact, because you taught me to do so I feel stronger.

6. Don't hold grudges, it only makes you more miserable: People are going to hurt you in this life, it is best to forgive and forget. Thank you for giving me the proper tools to handle these situations with grace, and compassion.

7. Treat yourself: As stated many times before, this life can be challenging. Our bodies and mind will be pushed to the limit both mentally and physically. You, once again, have taught me a very valuable lesson. Take time to treat yourself, whether it is a chocolate explosion blizzard with extra chocolate sauce, or a mindless T.V. show, your body needs a break every now and then. Thank you for helping me realize when I needed a treat.

8. Beauty is only skin deep: (this is probably the most important thing you have taught me!) It's all about attitude! Even the prettiest people can be seen as ugly when you get to know them. You made me realize both my inner and outer beauty. I saw you selflessly help people all of the time, because of that I know what true beauty is. You my dear, are one of the most beautiful people I have ever met.

As you can see, you have taught me many lessons that have made me a better person, and there are so many more (that's another letter). I can't begin to thank you enough for everything that you have done for me. You were taken before I would have liked, but you equipped me so well for this world before you left. Thank you for being my hero both on Earth and in Heaven.

Sincerest admirations,

A big fan