Being off at school can sometimes be rough, whether you're close or far from home. If you're like me, you tend to call your mom at least once a day, every single day. Then after you hang up the phone, you text them right away. You text your mom or dad every day about anything. From food, your pets, random updates, jokes, etc. Our parents probably get annoyed with the text overload, but they love us too much to admit it. A lot of us can't wait to be on our own, but once you've left the nest you don't realize how much you actually need your parents. Here are 15 things you have, or will, text your parents while at school.
1. "What are you doing?"Giphy
Just checking in, don't mind me.
2. "Can I see/talk to the dogs?"Giphy
Sorry mom and dad, but sometimes I call just to check in on them.
3. "What are the dogs doing?"Giphy
Checking in on the dogs several times a day is normal.... right?
4. "I'm stressed."Giphy
I have too much homework, my professor is a total jerk, I don't have time to deal with it.
5. "Can you pretty, pretty please send me some money?"Giphy
Every. College. Student. Ever.
6. "I'm dropping out."Giphy
Y'all, school is HARD.
7. "The food here SUCKS!!"Giphy
They don't get it until you send a picture of what it looks like.
8. "I'm hungry."Giphy
Probably because the food sucks.
9. "How do I get this stain out?"Giphy
Also, is it really necessary to do separate loads?
10. "What do I use to clean this?"Giphy
Is it okay to use Windex on this?
11. "You'll never guess what happened today."Giphy
Spilling the tea with your parents is just so much better.
12. "I'm sick.... AGAIN."Giphy
Even when you're not sick but you think you are.
13. "I want to come home."Giphy
Whether you're homesick or just over school, this is a text you will send, without a doubt.
14. "Is this normal? Like is it supposed to look like that?"Giphy
You will also attach a picture of whatever it is on your arm, neck, leg, etc.
15. "Why are groceries so expensive??"Giphy
You think it won't be that much looking at your basket then you get to check out.