8 Reasons You Should Go 100% Go To TCU

8 Reasons You Should Go 100% Go To TCU

I never thought I would end up at TCU, but here I am. And I love it!
503

I never thought I would end up at Texas Christian University. But here I am loving my life and thanking God that I chose this school. It could not be any more perfect for me and I am so glad that I actually listened to my parents and went on a tour. These are the reasons I chose to come here and why you should too.

1. It is a smaller school.

I don't have to deal with lecture halls filled with 300 students. My teachers actually know my name. I see familiar faces everywhere I go. The list could go on-and-on.

2. But it has a large-school feel.

We have incredible division-1 athletics. There is a huge social scene. There is a club for everyone. There are enough students to fill up every student section and fill up the sidewalks when walking to class.

3. Private schools come with special perks.

We may be paying more tuition, but we also get free admission to every single sporting event, so many fireworks events, free shirts at pretty much every event, also free food at every event, very nice dorms, and more.

4. Work hard, play hard

TCU is a hard school and Sunday-Wednesday, but once Thursday hits, everyone relaxes and has a little bit more fun. I like that people try hard in school and strive for the best. But because we work hard, we like to have fun.

5. Incredible job placement.

You are going to college to ultimately get a job. The TCU alumni pool includes very successful individuals who love to help current students. The career center and every individual college work hard to ensure everyone gets a job after graduation.

6. Everyone wants you to succeed.

The faculty at TCU works very hard to ensure that you succeed and are getting a great education. Every student is assigned an academic adviser who can help you make the perfect schedule or help with applications for internship and jobs. Also, most teachers are willing to go above and beyond to help you succeed in their class.

7. Smaller campus.

TCU's campus is relatively small and you can walk anywhere in under 20 minutes. I love this because I don't have to rely on a bus system to get to class every day and can easily walk everywhere. I also love it because I don't have to walk far when it's 100 degrees outside or when it's cold and windy.

8. Everyone is so nice.

I don't know if it's something in the water or the food they feed us, but everyone is extremely nice. Everyone holds the door for people, the staff are so nice, strangers constantly ask how your day is going, and everyone genuinely cares about each other. It is so nice to be in a place that cares about you and wants you to be happy.