11 Tested Freebies And Cheapies For New And Expecting Parents

Stop wasting time on Pinterest clickbait promising free stuff. I've found the real deals for you!

181

Being a parent can be extremely expensive, especially if you are a first time parent. I was in my sophomore year of college when my daughter was born, and desperate for any help I could get. After shuffling through all the spam ads and endless surveys, I found where a new or expecting parent can get real freebies. I’ve done the looking and trials, here are my top favorite freebies:

1. Enfamil Formula

This was probably the most exciting box due to the worth of its contents. Formula is the equivalent of baby gold. We exclusively breastfed, and still used this formula for the occasional supplement. Anything you don’t use can be donated! I received two full-sized cans of formula as well as two 3-packs of single serve formula and one package of serve-ready formula. There were also coupons and information booklets included in the package.

How to get it: This one is super easy! Simply go here to join Enfamil Family Beginnings. The box ships free, making this deal 100% free!

2. Amazon Baby Box

This one is pretty easy and comes with all sorts of goodies! I received a free bottle, brand name diapers, a baby toy, and many laundry, soap, and lotion trials. This box also comes with a ton of coupons! However, contents of boxes change frequently.

How to get it: First you have to set up a baby registry on Amazon. Next, add any item that it $10 or more to the registry. This item can be anything and does not have to be baby related whatsoever, but you must add it to your registry. Then purchase the item through the registry. Once your $10 item ships return to your registry and choose your welcome box! This box will ship for free. You can go here for specific, step by step instructions on how to get your free box.

3. Target Registry Bag

I found this freebie by accident! I needed to set up a registry for my baby shower and was given a bag of goodies. Contents of bags often change, but mine included a ton of coupons, small pack of diapers, binkie, bottle, and lots of trial sized baby products.

How to get it: Set up an account on Target’s website and then create a baby registry. Don’t forget to confirm your account and registry via email. Next, take a trip to your local Target (come on, you needed a Target trip anyway), go to customer service and tell them that you created a registry. They will likely ask to see your registration confirmation. After showing mine I was given a wonderful gift bag!

4. Similac Strong Moms Formula

This deal is also 100% free and ships right to your home. I received a case of Similac ready serve formula and a coupon. We also got a free information booklet and little travel bag. Though we did not end up using them, they went to a friend in need.

How to get it: Go here and sign up for Similac Strong Moms, that easy!

5. Babies’R’Us Registry Bag

I did not personally try this freebie due to my location but have heard many great reviews. You reportedly receive over $50 in freebies and coupons. It’s worth a shot!

How to get it: Go here and create a baby registry. Next, drive to your nearest Babies ‘R’ Us with the email confirmation of your registry to receive your free bag!

6. Walmart Baby Box

This box was wonderful! Mine came with a bottle, name brand baby toy, several baby laundry detergent trials, more lotions, coupons, and a pacifier. These boxes also occasionally change, so contents may vary. The box is free but does cost $5 to ship to your home, a deal well worth the price.

How to get it: Go here to sign up for the four time a year subscription. Your box contents change with the age of your child, but can be canceled at any time! I canceled with just a few clicks.

7. Parents Magazine Subscription

I got a free years subscription to Parents with no strong attached and no auto renewal. This means you will not be caught off guard the next year by surprise recurring charges! I am not a huge magazine reader, but Parents often comes with coupons and family-friendly recipes that we love.

How to get it: Click here to sign up, easy peasy!

8. Carseat Canopy

I did not personally cash in on this deal but had a good friend who did. These car seat canopies are great quality and you are given many color and style options! These can be great for the colder months.

How to get it: Go here and use the coupon code BABY101 here. This will credit your account with a $50 credit to be used on any canopy, making the ones priced at $49.95 free! You will have to pay for shipping, which comes to $14.99, which is a fair price for a good car seat cover.

9. Baby Sling

This website is run by the same people who do the canopies. I have friends who swear by these slings! After coupon code is applied, the sling it free, but you are still responsible for shipping charges of $12.99.

How to get it: Go here and add a sling to your cart priced at or below $39.95. At checkout use the code FREESLING4ME and get a $40 credit deducted, making the sling free! Shipping may seem a little steep, but $13 for a sling is still a pretty good deal!

10. Nursing Cover

This offer may also be offered by the same at those listed above because the quality is great, the product is free, but you will have to pay for shipping.

How to get it: Go here and add a nursing cover that is marked at $34.95 or below. Use coupon code FREEUCOVER1 and just pay shipping of $14.99.

11. Gerber Freebies

Gerber occasionally gives freebies just for calling! They have a nutrition program available through certain hospitals, OBs, and pediatricians. I called to ask about this nutrition program and was asked if I would like free samples. I received a onesie and more free formula, as well as a few coupons.

How to get it: Please beware that this freebie is not guaranteed. Not everyone who calls gets this offer. Call Gerber at 1-800-408-7277 and ask about their nutrition program.

In the end, anything you can get for free or with a discount adds up. We used or donated everything that we received. It also never hurts to call and ask individual companies if they have trial or sample programs! Being a parent is pricey, hopefully this article will help ease that, if only a little.