Being A Tennessee Vols Fan As Told By 'Game of Thrones' Gifs

Who knew the Vols and the Seven Kingdoms had so much in common?

125
Photo by Ruslan Valeev on Unsplash

Everyone wants to be supportive of their school team but sometimes they make it really hard to do. Any Tennessee fan could tell you that this season the Vols are making it harder than its ever been to be a true fan. Although not everything about being a fan is bad.

Here are 9 times Game of Thrones accurately depicted what it's like to be a Tennessee fan.

Getting a ticket to the game and wondering if you'll regret it

Nobody wants to buy a ticket just to end up leaving halfway through the game, or less than halfway, and doing the walk of shame back to your car or dorm room.

Thinking we'll beat Alabama this year but watching the scoreboard the entire time like

Let's be real, though, this has been the mood the entire season.

Being too hot during afternoon games but too cold during night games

When it comes to the weather, it actually plays a big part in how fun games can be to attend. It's not fun to have afternoon games in 100-degree weather and night games in 30-degree weather.

Butch. He has to go.

Is it possible he's just sadistic and likes seeing us in pain? Who knows but one thing Tennessee fans sure know is that he needs to go!

That feeling of disappointment when you know the third down song is coming but it's the wrong one.

I think we can all agree on how badly we miss the "third down for what" song that rang through Neyland and how much we think the new song is garbage.

Smokey

Like house Stark our mascot is also a dog and he's honestly one of the best things about us. When the Vols fail us at least Smokey has our back!

Absolutely nothing is better than hearing Rocky Top when the Vols do score though

Rocky Top is probably one of the greatest songs in the world and there is no denying that it's a good game day when you get to hear it, scream it, and do a little dance to it!

Hoping we'll do better next season

Maybe when the next season comes around we'll do better but in the back of your mind you're wondering if you picked the right SEC school to attend or even support.

But at least you can drink your way through the game if all else fails

With that logic you might just have to keep drinking and drinking and drinking some more but at least you'll be enjoying something while watching the game.