Why Sisters With An Age Gap Are The Best

My Sister And I May Be 10 Years Apart, But It's The Best Thing Ever

She can hype you up when you need to text that boy but give loving advice about you how stupid you were after you did it.

mrene38
mrene38
316

Many people are unaware that I have siblings. I have always appeared to be an only child as I was — and still am — the only one living at home when, in fact, I have both a brother and a sister, who are many years older than me. I was a come-along child but also the greatest blessing my family has ever received.

I have heard countless stories from my family about how everyone reacted to the news of a new baby. My brother, who is 15 years older than me, was embarrassed and wanted to move out of the house far, far away. But, my sister Michelle, who is 10 years older than me, was ecstatic. She couldn't wait to have a little sister to love and cherish.

Little did either of us know how much of an impact we would have on each other.

Although my sister and I didn't live with each other for that long due to our age difference, our bond is undeniable. The best part about Michelle being a decade older than me is I have a best friend and a second mom all in the same person.

I love my sister so much for so many reasons...

Michelle is always there to support me, love me, make fun of me, guide me, and compliment my hair and outfits. We may argue occasionally, but I can always count on her in the end.

No one else in this world that I would rock out to a concert with, as well as dance and sing to in the most obnoxious way even though she threatens to take videos to show my future husband. No one else I would swap clothes regardless of knowing that I won't get them back for at least six months. No one else I would create crazy food concoctions despite the consequence of my stomach hating me later.

Most importantly, she reminds me of when I am making a stupid decision.

I am so fortunate and thankful to have the most amazing older sister.

Thank you for showing me how delicious coffee is, reassuring me that you can never have too many cats, teaching me to always put confetti in birthday cards, and telling me to never let a stupid boy dull my spark as there is always better out there.

Ten years is quite a distance but, that has never been able to separate our love and bond with one another.

I am so beyond lucky to have a sister like you, Michelle.

I still love you even though people always call me "Michelle," or think that we're twins.

Forever and always,

Your little sis