Ten Things You Know To Be True If You Are The "Mom" Friend

Advice giver, purse holder, and wiser beyond your years; you are the "mom" friend.

35
OCM

1. You're always the one holding your friends' hair back.

Rough nights are always taken care of by you. You're always the friend holding your friends' hair back, rubbing their back, and making sure it all makes it into the toliet. Gross, but you're the mom friend, so it's expected that you know exactly what to do when everything goes wrong and shit hits the fan.

2. "Do you have an extra tampon?"

Whether it's a brush, a travel sized hairspray, or a tampon, you always have what everyone needs.

3. You're always the friend with the biggest purse.

Just like Marry Poppins, your friends fall for the illusion that your purse is a bottomless pit and that there truly isn't anything that won't fit in your bag. You're always the friend with enough room in their purse for everyone else's junk.

4. You always have all of your friends accounted for.

On drunken Friday nights when everything is just a big blur for everyone, it's not for you. You're the mom, you're the holder of the hair, the one to pull down your girlfriends' dresses, and the friend that makes sure each and every one of your friends makes it home safely into their beds, into the pajamas and sound asleep with a water bottle on their night stand.

5. You are always the one driving.

You're the friend who decides when the car is leaving, rounds the troops up, and the one who makes sure all your friends are on time when it's time to depart. However, you're also the one who never gets to choose the music the car listens to. Although draining your gas tank to haul your friends around sometimes gets old, you'd rather their lives be in your hands than in anyone else's.

6. You're always the voice of reason.

With every decision one of your friends has to make, you are the friend they come to when they need to think things through. You're there to weigh their options, be their voice of reason, and to even help them remember that there will most likely be some heavy consequences for their decisions.

7. You end all conversations with, "If you need anything, let me know!"

"Better to be safe than sorry" is your memo. You're always the friend waving out the window screaming, "make good choices" as you're driving away. You are the friend that likes to remind everyone that you're there to be their mom while your mom isn't around, and you always make everyone feel loved and cared about by doing so.

8. You're the one who makes the itinerary.

So that means knowing, who's going, where they're going, when they're going, how they're getting there, and how they're getting home. It means being responsible for relaying information to everyone, making the plans, and executing the plans. Being the mom friend means making sure everyone is on time, accounted for, and in the car ready to go. It's stressful, but your friend group loves you for it.

9. You're the friend who knows what your friends should and should not wear.

"Yes", "Eh", "I guess", "No Way!" You're the friend who everyone goes to for opinions on what to wear for presentations, formals, sorority gatherings, nights out, and even to tell them what's too modest versus what's too revealing. Your friends trust your opinions because you're mature and they consider you to be an old soul. You're the reason your friends still go out even when they have nothing to wear. You are able to talk them out of every outfit crisis funk and that makes you one of a kind.

10. You're one of the most valuable people your friends know.

Everyone loves having you around because you always have been the friend that everyone's parents love. You're always the friend who knows what they're doing with their life, and your sense of direction is so strong. You're so much wiser beyond your years making people gravitate towards you because you're likely to lead them in the right direction. You've always been used to being made fun of for being the mom friend of the group, but you're valued and loved for your motherly nature.