Ten Signs Your Parent Is A Teacher

Ten Signs Your Parent Is A Teacher

It's all fun and games until you take a class from them.

18
Ten Signs Your Parent Is A Teacher

Having a parent who teaches is one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me. My dad is a high school teacher at the school I went to and I loved almost every minute of it. There is something special about being a teacher's kid that not everyone understands. Raise your hands if these 10 things apply to you:

1. September was always the most exciting part of the year.

My entire family would go back to school shopping together. Putting together my dad's classroom aka pushing around a cart as books were put on to it, was looked forward to almost all summer.

2. Going to school was something you looked forward to each day.

Whether it was my own class or my dad's I always looked forward to the day.

3. Everyone knew you.

By the time I had entered high school every teacher knew who and whose kid you were.

4. You became friends with the administration and teachers before you graduated.

5. "Teacher's Pet" applied to you.

Because, like you, a teacher is just trying to get through their day.

6. You respected the teachers more than anything.

Why cause trouble when you could cooperate and make everyone's life easier. Besides, teachers talk about the bad ones.

7. Breaks were the best because you had someone to do things with.

For me, breaks meant having everyone together and doing things. These large amounts of time off together also meant that you're closer than usual. Despite my habit of avoiding home for long periods of time mostly due to college, my family is still as close when I come home for breaks.

8. You always had someone there in case you forgot something or vice-versa.

Whether it was money, a lunch or anything else; I could always count on my dad to have what I needed. One time I was the one to pick up my sister from school when she wasn't feeling well because my dad couldn't get a sub for his class in the middle of the day and I had study hall.

9. Having a class with them was either awkward, awesome or both.

Deciding what to call your dad while he's teaching is a little awkward, but coming home and having free homework help was a major perk.

10. When your parent is a cool teacher, you're cooler.

My dad has more followers than I have on Twitter and is generally cooler than I am, but because of him, I have become a better person and a better student.