10 Common Myths About Girls

10 Common Myths About Girls

Take a look. You might learn something new

253
10 Common Myths About Girls
Pixels.com

1. We’re Just Not Into Video Games.

This first one on the list has roots back to the corporate fat cats of the 80’s and 90’s. Back then, when video games were first entering the children’s toy market, company executives banked on the fact that boys would be more interested in playing video games than girls. It’s a large part of the reason why the video game industry is so male-dominated and why people just commonly assume that video games are just a male interest.

2. We Always Carry Purses.

Well maybe we wouldn’t have to if our jeans actually had functional pockets! That's all I'm going to say on that matter.

3. Pink Is Our Go-To Color.

Sorry, Mean Girls--In the 19th century, boys were traditionally dressed in pink (on more than just Wednesday) and girls were dressed in blue because pink was thought to be more masculine. Because honestly, when you think about it, pink is the color of internal organs, ya know, the kind that get spilled on the battlefield. It’s also close to red, the color of blood—obviously a male tendency, right? It could also do with the fact that dying something pink was cheaper than dying something red, but let’s be honest, gender theory is way more fun to consider.

4. We Only Wear Makeup To Impress Guys

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA! Don't flatter yourselves. We wear all this for our own dang selves! We were it because we like it, because colorful eyeshadows and lipsticks are fun to experiment with, and because we think we look good. Also note, that we don't need makeup to feel beautiful, but we do think it looks good on us.

5. Short Hair = Lesbian

Honestly, the fact that I have to put this on the list depresses me a little. If you seriously still think this is true, take ten seconds to Google “women’s hairstyles in the 20’s” and educate yourself. Short hair is just way easier to manage!

6. We Always Go To The Bathroom Together.

Okay, this is partly true and partly false. When we do go to the bathroom together it is for a very good reason; there is safety in numbers. Usually, this would be the case when you're at a bar, you're out in some new place, or you have a genuine fear that someone other than a friend could be following you or trying to get at you. We are physically capable of using a restroom without others around us and most of us genuinely find it awkward to have other people in there that we know.

7. Butterfly, Dolphin, And Anchor Tattoos Are Our Favorites.

This is possibly one of the worst clichés on here. It does not get more basic than a butterfly, dolphin, or anchor tattooed on your wrist, ankle, or any place on your back—whether as innocent as the back of the neck or as risqué as right above where the sun doesn't shine. That's not to say that the people who have them are basic, the tattoos themselves are just so dang common that unless it's really spectacular or has some real meaning (Like maybe a family member in the navy for the anchor), it's just seen as a fad and is annoying.

8. That All Women Are Great Cooks

Again I say, HA! I know for a fact that there are some things that my fiancé Terry cooks better than I do. And I'm nowhere near a master at any of the things I make. Well, maybe besides mac and cheese...

9. That Women Talk More Than Men

It really depends on the situation and context. in a classroom made comprised of fifty percent women and fifty percent men, the men will be more likely to speak, whether reacting to something said or answering questions. That's not at all to say women are dumb, it's just a statistic made up using experiments at universities. Out in social gatherings made up of mostly men, the women will probably be more likely to not talk as much, however, if the social gathering fifty/fifty male/female, women will be more likely to hold the majority of the conversation. Again, all statistics and experiments.

10. That We're Crazy

You wanna be let in on a little secret? We are just very good at expressing our feelings and thoughts! Just because we say something you don't like or don't understand, that does not make us crazy. It simply means that you need to open your ears and stop judging us.