Tell Me, Mr. President. Am I Next?
Politics

Tell Me, Mr. President. Am I Next?

Because there's powers in numbers, right? Even if those numbers represent hatred.

49
Tell Me, Mr. President. Am I Next?
Nation of Change Org

I'm terrified now. I'm honestly, terrified.

The bigger picture of Donald Trump being President.... are his supporters. That's who I'm more afraid of. Donald Trumps one man, someone could impeach or assassinate him, whatever.

But these people who support him, they scare me. Racists, scare me. Bigots, scare me. Willfully ignorant people, scare me. People who chose to support someone who thinks that grabbing someone by the pussy is funny or acceptable scares me.

I feel like my country needs my positivity more than ever and I have none. I'm refraining because I have no real response. When I found out I was silent, but sometimes silence speaks volumes. Good Job America, but when things start happening, bad things; remember who you thought was basically the messiah and was going to save us all - Donald Trump.

I fear for not only my life but the lives of my brothers and sisters of all colors and tonight for the first time in a long time I prayed to God. I prayed for the people who voted for him and thought that was okay. I prayed that my children, won't have any repercussions from this presidential election but I know they will. I prayed for some inkling of positivity and I prayed for the hearts and souls of everybody because we need it.

With tears running down my face, I wish I could stop looking around and seeing people not understand the fact that his supporters are some of the most racist people. Electing him, is saying okay to his supporters. That racism is okay.

I'm absolutely disgusted and terrified.

Should that day come where my life is wrongfully ended over a dispute of color; don't you dare put my name on a shirt and say black lives matter because you voting for this man shows me my life means absolutely nothing.