A Girl's 7 Ways To Tell If You Are In The Friend Zone

Lines are always blurred.

263
Bryan Apen // Unsplash

There's always so much awkward attention surrounding the idea of a "friend zone". One moment you think you have found your new best guy friend and things get weird because he tries to do something romantic. Here are a few hints for guys to see when they are in the friend zone and why it is safer to just stay in it.

1. She wants to hang out in group settings

Either this girl is super nervous to hang out with you, or she is trying to tell you she doesn't want to be alone with you. Many times when girls bring other friends along to hang out it means she isn't looking to do anything romantic with you.

2. She asks you for advice on other guys

Normally when a girl likes a guy she doesn't try to bring up other guys. If she is willing to do this, it is most likely that she values your opinion but is also trying to get a point across.

3. You try to make a move and she doesn't reciprocate

This is clearly a sign that you are in the friend zone and that you should stop trying to get out of it in fear of losing the friendship.

4. She openly calls you "dude" or "bro" in conversation

At least from personal experience, I can say that this is definitely a classic move in getting a guy into the friend zone. It's a more subtle way of calling him "friend" to his face without having to actually say the word friend.

5. You are the first person she calls when she needs something

Once again, like the advice point, if a girl thinks to call you to be her shoulder to cry on it is because she really does value your help. She also just probably wants the comfort of a really good friend.

6. She tries setting you up with one of her friends

This is always super awkward if you like a girl. It is obvious that by trying to set you up with another girl she is very clearly trying to show she is not interested in you that way.

7. She seems super comfortable around you but there is no physicality between you too

This is always where lines get blurred. People get confused between if you are super good friends or if you like one another. It is always important to remember that many relationships do require being physical and if that isn't there it probably means you two are just close friends.