teammates turned best friends

From Teammates To Best Friends

Here's to the ones I grew up with.

121
The Denver Post

It's been two years since I graduated high school and left the sport that was my childhood. I may have left the sport, but I didn't leave the people.

Through all of the practices and competitions, early mornings and late nights, we were always there for each other. Through the successes and the struggles, we were the only ones who really understood each other.

We laughed, we cried, we fought, we made up, we celebrated. We did it all together. We stuck by each other through high school and even worse, the awkward middle school days...and that's how I know we'll be friends forever.

I always could count on you all, my teammates, to bring out the best in me, and I still can. I still do count on you all to make me laugh and give me great (but mostly terrible) advice. I still do count on you all to be brutally honest, because we don't know how else to be.

The culmination of college, distance, and growing up may keep us apart, but it will never cause us to grow apart.

I hope one day the roles are reversed and we're the crazy parents in the stands cheering our kids on while they create an unbreakable bond, just like we did.