Team Matt Or Team Steve

Team Matt Or Team Steve

A "Fuller House" dilemma

1133
Team Matt Or Team Steve
Notey Limited

We had Team Edward and Team Jacob, Team Peeta and Team Gale, and now two new teams have arrived on the scene. If you are a '90s kid like me, you have been watching "Fuller House" on Netflix. If you have not watched it, this article may contain spoilers. But if you have, you are probably having the same feelings as I am.

In this "Full House" spinoff, D.J. (Donna Jo Tanner), who is played by Candace Cameron, lost her firefighter husband in an accident several years ago. She has just decided to begin dating again. She ends up having two potential beaus: Steve, who was her high school sweetheart, and Matt, D.J.’s partner at the Harmon Pet Clinic. D.J. and Matt are both vets. D.J. is forced to decide between Steve and Matt, which of course splits the she-wolf pack into teams in support of who they think D.J. should date.

Kimmy Gibbler is on Team Steve, and Stephanie, one of D.J.’s younger sisters, is on Team Matt. Each has their advantages and disadvantages, so it is still extremely hard to decide who she should date. Personally, I do not think I am on either Team Steve or Team Matt. After watching the whole first season, I have decided that even though D.J. has decided to not make any kind of decision, I have.

I am on Team Stett or Mave -- not sure if that works -- but in other words, I want Matt and Steve to be their own couple. They probably would have never met without D.J.; however, there has to be a reason why they did, right? Bromances are beautiful and this one is perfect. They each recognize the other’s good looks and talents. They literally try to sell D.J. on dating the other one. Each one thinks that she was going to date the other one. Literally at the end of season finale, they go get a beer and pizza together, and share a beautiful moment where they fist-bump.

Let’s be honest, some bromances are even better than actual romances. Best friends are forever, and couples might just be temporary. So, I am hoping that in the second season Netflix decides to give the bromance a shot just like how they have really shown the power in the bond between Kimmy, Stephanie, and D.J. Think about it, the original show that this spinoff is based on was all about a bromance: three men raising three girls of their own. It worked and we loved it, and that is why we still cannot get enough of Uncle Jesse, Joey, and Danny. "Fuller House" has given a she-wolf pack to show how each of those women do not need men because they have their girls. Matt and Steve might just need each other just as much, and hopefully, they get to have their chance at a bromance too!