To The Teacher Who Believed In Me When I Didn't Believe In Myself

You helped me and many others get to where we are today and truly left an imprint on our community - you will never be forgotten.

7629
Mikayla Kendall

As we grow up, we are told that our teachers will affect us in multiple, different ways and have the ability to change our lives. I don't think you ever completely understand this until you find one that does.

While I can say that the majority of my teachers were excellent, there is one in particular that I won't ever be able to explain just how much he impacted my entire life. This is my attempt at thanking him for everything he's done for countless other students and me.

At the time, I had no idea that you, my 9th-grade physical science teacher, would influence me so much and continue to do so through my senior year in your physics class.

I remember just how frustrated I would get in your science class (especially physics), not because of you, but because of the material. Science just never came easy to me, but you believed in me. You didn't let me shut down when I got frustrated (like I did in just about every other class) and that meant a lot to me.

Somehow, you made one of the most challenging high school classes, my favorite one to go to. I still remember the countless brain teasers, jokes, movies, music, and knowledge that you shared with us. I actually looked forward to getting to see what we were going to learn each day in your class because I knew you would find a way to make it fun. I was always interested in what you had to say and even sought out your opinion on other matters.

No matter how bad of a day I was having, I knew that you would be there to greet me with a golf club in your hand as I walked past your classroom. Not only did you greet me, but every single day you greeted literally every student with a handshake, fist bump, a smile, and often jokes. You knew everyone and you did such a great job at making every student feel wanted and loved at our school.

Not only did you believe in me in the classroom, but you were always one of the first people to comment on things I did well in the hockey game the night before. I would, of course, point out the many mistakes I made, and you would tell me, "don't be upset about something you did wrong in the game, just do it better next time." You believed in me even when I didn't believe in myself, and that meant a lot to me. I'm really going to miss seeing your maroon and gold Gopher jacket walking around the arena and hearing your voice at the Packer football games.

Mr. Felton, you probably had no idea just how much you affected my life, but my high school experience wouldn't have been the same without having you as a teacher, and I am sure I'm not the first one who feels this way. You helped me and many others get to where we are today and have truly left an imprint on our community; you will never be forgotten.

It's not every day that you find someone who is so incredibly giving without asking for anything in return; that's why I'm so happy that I was able to meet you. I will never be able to repay you for everything that you have given me. I am eternally grateful.

After asking many different people, here is a list of words that our community used to describe you:

Mr. Felton...

A role model, humorous, a mentor, a coach, dedicated, a fighter, supportive, kind, a golfer, passionate, an incredible teacher, a Packer, a friend, an inspiration, fricken awesome, the voice of Packer football, a jokester, a family man, an incredible D.J., caring, compassionate, sincere, thoughtful, positive, loving, just the best, always smiling, and unforgettable.

Mr. Felton, you will be missed dearly by so many. Rest in peace. Thank you for everything.

Once a Packer, always a Packer.