There are Taylor Swift songs for every occasion, even finals. Here are some lyrics, from our favorite girl who loves to cry and contemplate life at two a.m., that sum up how everyone feels at this time of the semester:
1. "Holding on, the days drag on. Stupid girl, I should've known...I should've known..." -- "White Horse"
There are so many concepts you wish you had learned earlier in the semester, and now the studying is dragging on and on.
2. "And we know it's never simple, never easy." -- "Breathe"
Just remind yourself to breathe!
3. "Well, I get so confused and frustrated. Forget what I'm trying to say." -- "Tell Me Why"
This is for everyone writing essays this week. The struggle is real.
4. "I stay up too late, got nothing in my brain." -- "Shake It Off"
This is when you are up, but you can't be productive anymore.
5. "It's two a.m. and I'm cursing your name." -- "The Way I Loved You"
Studying or writing, there are so many scholarly names that you are cursing.
6. "The lingering question kept me up. 2 a.m... I wonder 'til I'm wide awake." -- "Enchanted"
I took out "Who do you love?" because you can fill in many more relevant questions to which you cannot figure out the answer.
7. "These days I haven't been sleeping... And I think about summer, all the beautiful times... And then, the cold came, the dark days when fear crept into my mind." -- "Back to December"
This is pretty much how the semester went.
8. "Oh, I'm scared to see the ending." -- "The Story of Us"
This isn't going to be pretty.
9. "Then you feel so low you cant feel nothing at all." -- "Forever & Always"
Motivation comes in waves.
10. "I bet this time of night you're still up. I bet you're tired from a long hard week." -- "I Almost Do"
Yep, still sleepy.
11. "Wish I'd never grown up. I wish I'd never grown up. Oh I don't wanna grow up. Wish I'd never grown up. Could still be little. Oh ], I don't wanna grow up. Wish I'd never grown up. It could still be simple." -- "Never Grow Up"
"Innocent" also has some relevant lyrics for this situation: "Wasn't it easier in your lunchbox days? Always a bigger bed to crawl into. Wasn't it beautiful when you believed in everything, and everybody believed in you?" Can we please return to childhood?
12. "Do you still feel like you know what you're doing? I don't think you do, I don't think you do." -- "Better Than Revenge"
You probably know more than you think!
13. "Take me home. Just take me home, yeah. Just take me home." -- "Style"
You are counting down the days until finals are over and you can relax on your couch at home.
14. "Now we got problems. And I don't think we can solve them." -- "Bad Blood"
15. "Nothing lasts forever, but this is gonna take me down." -- "Wildest Dreams"
When you are trying to convince yourself that it is going to be okay.
16. "All I knew this morning when I woke, is I know something now, know something now I didn't before." -- "Everything Has Changed"
There is always that promising moment when you wake up and realize that you remember things better than you did when you went to bed.
17. "Take a deep breath, girl. Take a deep breath as you walk through the doors." -- "Fifteen"
It's time to take the final. Fittingly, this lyric is about walking through the doors into school.
18. "Looking at it now, last December, we were built to fall apart." -- "Out of the Woods"
This is when finals are finally over and, in retrospect, you always knew the beginning of December would be torturous.
You may relate to all of these lyrics while you're studying, but Taylor Swift and I believe in you!