How A Tattoo Can Have A Deeper Meaning

How A Tattoo Can Have A Deeper Meaning

Conversations with people who share your love for something have the potential to take interesting turns.

8
How A Tattoo Can Have A Deeper Meaning
Pexels.com

One of my roommates has been talking to me about getting a tattoo a lot more lately. The more he and I converse about the various pieces of art we want, where we want it, and how we want to make each one look as great as it possibly can be, the more I've been thinking about the exact look I want for my sleeves. One sleeve is going to be a Transformers sleeve (yes, very nerdy, I know, but I love it). The other sleeve will consist of various things, including music designs and symbols of movies I really enjoy.

While I was working earlier today, I met a bar guest who really enjoyed my "Star Wars Rebel Alliance" tattoo. He and I were talking about when we first saw the movies and he told me that the reason he loved it is because his parents watched the original trilogy with him and while his mom was alive, she saw the first movie of the newer trilogy, "The Phantom Menace".

Based on our conversation, he associates his love for "Star Wars" with the love for his parents; furthermore, he told me after his mother died, he felt like she would be with him while he watched other "Star Wars" movies.

That's very deep, I know, and I didn't expect that conversation to take a turn like that. However, it made me realize that sometimes, people just need someone to open up to a bit to feel better or help deal with whatever is going on in their life.