14 Things Only Tall Girls Can Somehow Never Seem To Get Over

*hint* they're all struggles

2625
Abbie Wood

I never really considered myself to be that tall until other people pointed it out to me.

There are definitely people out there that are taller than I am, but for some reason, I'm constantly reminded how tall I am.

This doesn't seem like such a bad thing, but it comes with some struggles for sure.

There are perks like being able to reach the top cabinets or reaching the pedals of a car, but most of the time I find myself feeling like Buddy the Elf, a giant among cute little elves, who literally and figuratively doesn't fix it.

1. Buying Pants

Good luck finding a pair of pants that are long enough to reach your ankles. Cropped pants? forget about it. Shorts? HA! typically inappropriate.

2. Jumpsuits/Rompers

These. were. not. designed. with. anyone. over. 5'7". in. mind. They're either going to give you a major wedgie or be high waters, neither are cute.

3. Heels

Super cute, make or break an outfit, also make you even taller than your friends.. Just what you need! NOT

which brings me to my next point:

4. Dating

I don't know why, but society decided it's the norm for your boyfriend to be taller than you, so when you're tall, your dating pool shrinks immensely. Especially if they're still supposed to be taller than you in those dreaded heels

5. Awkward pictures

If you're taller than your friends, you look gigantic next to them in pictures. Maybe it's inches to your height the camera really adds?????

6. Dresses

Ah, another shopping struggle. Maxi dresses are hardly maxis and sundresses hardly cover you

7. Thus, dress codes were a nightmare

Your shorts/dresses weren't short! your legs are just long!

8. People saying "wow! you're tall!"

Wow, you have eyes!

9. "Do you play basketball?"

Does that answer your question?

10. Being taller than your teachers

I was taller than my 9th-grade male English teacher and I felt like I should have been the one in power. I don't know!!! it was all so confusing!!!!

11. Legroom

Backseats and airplanes are pretty much your worst nightmare

12. Being in the back of all group photos

It doesn't matter that you actually found pants to fit you BECAUSE NO ONES GONNA SEE THEM IN THOSE PICTURES!!

13. Being afraid your kid will be a monster

So if I'm tall and I'm supposed to marry someone taller than me, and my calculations are correct, then tall + tall = TALLER?!?

14. Googling your newest celeb crush's height

Zac Efron, you're only 5'8" but that can't stop what my heart feels

I'll leave you with one of the most inspiring quotes I've ever seen, "Why are tall girls afraid of wearing heels and being taller than guys? Wear them and pat them on their head like he's your son."