Talking About 'After' By Anna Todd

Talking About 'After' By Anna Todd

"My life before him was so simple and decided, now after him...It's just...After."

51
Talking About 'After' By Anna Todd
Mary Caitlyn Wright

If you haven't heard about "After," you probably haven't been paying much attention to anything. "After" has become one of the most talked about events in 2019. From billboards in Time Square to taking over our Instagram feeds, "After" is everywhere.

Starting in the summer of 2013, Anna Todd began to write down her thoughts in her phone and thus "After" was born. Using Wattpad, a free site to allow writers to share their works, Todd began to upload a chapter a day under the name imaginator1D. The story being a fanfiction based on a One Direction member, Harry Styles, follows Tessa Young, a young, innocent bookworm that is beginning her new journey as a college freshman. It follows her tortured romance with the brooding sophomore Harry Styles as he initiates her into heavy drinking, heavy makeup, and heavy petting. (Even though his name is Harry Styles, aside from his accent, "After's" Harry bears hardly any resemblance to the British singer.)

With over 90 chapters uploaded, "After" soon hit 1 million views, I being one of them. The story became so known that the book became published and a movie followed quickly after. Even though Harry Styles had to be changed to Hardin Scott, the story never stopped growing. Now being in single digit days until the movie is released, the fandom cannot be more excited.

With Hero Fiennes-Tiffin playing Hardin and Josephine Langford playing Tessa, the buzz is continuing. The on-screen chemistry seen during the trailers is a significant teaser for what is to come during the entire movie. The movie gained so much buzz.