Strange Tales From The Convention Floor Part 1

Nerd Conventions can get a bit wacky

102
New York comic Con

We all have those strange convention experiences with strangers, creeps, fans, weirdos, and even staff. Sometimes they make for memorable and hilarious stories. Sometimes, the stories are down right disturbing. Gathered from various groups of cosplayers, and comic/anime convention attendees, these stories are unedited, and are sure embed themselves into your memory. The names are kept anonymous to protect their identity.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I don’t know if you can count this as a horror story but I had a woman from Japan once who came up to me crying her eyes out when I was cosplaying as Jin Kisaragi from BlazBlue. She cried so hard saying she loved Jin so much. When I spoke to her in Japanese, she cried even more. Feeling bad, I asked if I should give her a hug and I think she broke cuz she cried even more and fainted."

"Nekocon 2014. Now we all now people like to get wild with their drinking at cons, which is all well and fine unless you’re puking on my Shit. A friend of a friend was hanging in our hotel room and she passed out on my bed! So im already irritated cuz i can’t lay down cuz homegirl was sprawled. She finally comes back to life and stands to her feet. then she had this look on her face and I knew what was coming. Ol girl got puke on my bed sheets. We screaming at her to go to the bathroom and she pukes all the way there. So there’s a trail of puke leading to the bathroom and some how she got puke in someone’s suitcase ON THEIR COSPLAY and on someone who was sleeping on the ground. she made a mess in our bathroom too."

"While at Anime California 2015, I was wearing my Ryuko Senketsu Kisaragi cosplay for the first time. The bottoms to the costume are literally underwear. While wearing it…I got my period. I then had to run around the con, into restrooms looking for a pad/tampon dispenser. There weren’t any. I asked other girls if they had any…nobody did. I finally found a little store in the hotel and bought a packet of tampons. Luckily my cosplay was red! Oy hahaha"

"Linecon. It is the worst. AX14. I got in line at 2:30, went home by 12. I think there is a video of someone starting from the very front and fast forwarding themselves all the way to the end of the line. Since then they have been improving on the lines and sending Premier badges through the mail."

"Otakon 2013 (maybe 2014?) Some dick threw firecrackers at my boyfriend’s feet (who was Cosplaying Master Chief) and they ended up hitting me instead. I was wearing Yoko Littner and sitting on the ground next to him, so I didn’t have much protection from it. Staff saw me sitting down and crying/upset and asked what happened, but they never caught the asshole."

"At Akon in 2006 my best friend and I were walking around and spotted a Fran cosplay from Final Fantasy 12. We got excited because we both loved Fran. The girl was not only in black face but talked down on my first cosplay saying black people shouldn’t cosplay because whites and Asians do it better. We just sat there and looked at each other. We decided that we were going to cosplay more and piss people off since we “clearly” can’t cosplay."

Tune into part 2, which will be publised next week!