Take Time For The Thought Of Two

Take Time For The Thought Of Two

Are relationships worth the effort?

164
Take Time For The Thought Of Two
Logan Pittman

Romantic relationships offer a plethora of things working both against and in their favor. College life comes with a wide array of new issues and one of those issues, in particular, is managing relationships. They may be either friendships or relationship but both require putting time and energy into them. Depending on your partner and yourself this can be daunting or, hopefully, a breeze. These can be either be a hindrance or assistance.

The negatives of a relationship are the time spent with them during those initial stages are stereotypically put purely towards only that particular person. You may lack the time to be truly engaged with them and what you two are exploring. Although the time spent with them is somthing you'll come to cherish or if you're lucky you may already. The factor of integrating them into your friend group is a tricky one. They may love or hate them but they're there to stay as long as either of you can hold on. The group may have to learn to accept them and in the same instance, your partner will have to adapt to them. If they are already involved in the friend group then that's both a good and a bad thing. Someone will most definitely get their feelings tarnished and this can lead to turmoil in the group. The odds seem to push against you even trying at all but the positives may just put things back in your favor.

The positives of going into a new relationship are what you can learn from that particular person. They most likely harbor a different viewpoint than your own and you can evaluate your own life and morals in a different lighting. Their interest may assist you in learning more about the world or about them. We build ourselves off of our experiences and we can grow with them as a person through spending time with them.the emotional. The emotional support they could potentially offer you is small bouns not to be taken lightly. The intimacy you could experience in a romantic relationship is different from something you could experience in a normal friendship. Not to mention, the fun and enriching time spent together that end up being sentimental. Perhaps they could also direct you towards getting help if that is what is truly needed. Sharing your experiences with another person opens you up to view the world more positively or may ground you further into reality. If the partner also suffers from mental health issues they can empathize with you and care more about your wellbeing. While this may not seem compelling at first glance to some these are perfectly valid reasons to pursue a relationship.

To conclude, while I myself have little experience in this department this list can help someone introspect and come to a positive conclusion that supports your goals in life. Relationships aren't a fixer of all things and you shouldn't rely on your partner for excessive support but hope that you can offer some support if that's what they need for a while. You shouldn't sacrifice your happiness for someone else's and have them take up your entire life and if you haven't figured that out then maybe you should take some time to yourself to figure that out first. Have a nice day.