Take The Stress Out Of Christmas

Take The Stress Out Of Christmas

Remember how Christmas felt when you were a child?

11
Take The Stress Out Of Christmas
Santa.donweb-homeip.net

While I work, during the Christmas season, I have conversations with my customers as I ring them up or hand them their food. I ask them things like, "Are you ready for Christmas?" or "Have you finished your shopping?" Every one of them has the same answer... no; with the same tone of regret and dread. However, one day, I talked to a customer and I told them how stressed everyone else I was about the holidays shopping and they reminded me that "the shopping is not the most important part of Christmas."

I have been reminiscing a lot of my Christmases as a child. It was a magical season for me with cookies, lights and lots of family time. Now, it is full of stress as I worry about the perfect presents for my loved ones and as I go broke in my shopping process. As I sit back and think about it all, I know that this is not how I want my Christmas to feel. It's a universal issue. I know I am not the only one who prioritizes the presents and shopping over the true meaning. It's time to do something about it.

Since I had this conversation with a customer, I have made it a point to take a breath and a pause to take the stress out of my Christmas celebration. It seems like if we stop moving for even a second that we are wasting time, but 10 minutes of relaxation will not hurt.

Hot chocolate does the trick for me. Hot chocolate and marshmallows are the perfect way to get in the Christmas spirit. Driving around to see the lights is also one of my favorites.

No one likes to feel stressed, but it seems to be a way of life. Christmas, however, should be a break from that. I move that we all take a break from the stress each day either before, after or during our shopping, cooking and whatever it may be to read the Christmas story in the Bible, watch your favorite Christmas movie or cuddle up with hot chocolate and stare at the tree. Just a few of the things that can bring us back to the true meaning of Christmas.