Take the Initiative

Take the Initiative

2
Take the Initiative

I was waiting in line earlier this week for a concert I was going to with some friends, and we were talking to the people standing in line next to us. The two girls we were talking to were extremely nice and when we finally got into the venue they ended up standing next to us. One of the girls was drinking a jack and coke and told me it was pretty expensive. I told her I thought about getting one, but if it was expensive I probably wasn’t going to.

They both leave so I keep talking to my friends, getting ready for the greatest concert ever. One of the girls came back and asked me if I had a 21 year old wrist band. I showed her and she turned to her friend who was still at the bar and gave her a thumps up. I was surprised when she came and gave me a jack and coke. It was very nice of her, and got me thinking of all the times people told me the guys had to make the first move. When I told my friends some of them laughed that I didn’t buy her drink.

Why? Why can’t girls come up and talk to guys first? Isn’t it 2016? Aren’t women equal now? It was awesome that someone took the initiative to buy another person a drink and make conversation. This should be a lesson to anybody no matter gender to take the initiative to go talk to someone. Who cares what ultimately happens, it’s the fact that you made the choice to meet new people.