Take Selfcare to the Next level This Fall

This year has been stressful for us all. And it has highlighted the need for selfcare, especially headed into the fall season.

83457
Take Selfcare

With the weather getting colder, the sun going down earlier and this pandemic not going anywhere, it is important to give ourselves some extra selfcare to prevent us from feeling run down and fatigued.

But what type of selfcare should we be giving ourselves? Do we really need to go all out and make a perfect rose-filled bubble bath with hundreds of candles—as far too often pops up on our Instagram newsfeeds?

Far from it, actually! Practicing selfcare can range from super simple actions you take daily to special splurges that are aimed at enhancing your own happiness. But the important thing to remember going into Fall is that there is no right or wrong type of selfcare to give yourself. The act of simply doing so is the most important part of the whole selfcare process.

However, to help inspire you with various ways you can enhance your selfcare for the rest of the year, we've rounded out some ideas to get you started. Here are our top ways to take your selfcare to the next level this fall.

Boost Up Your Zinc Intake

According to healthydirections.com, one of the best ways to care for yourself and your immune system is to boost up your vitamin and mineral intakes—including zinc. Getting your body enough zinc will help your immune system stay strong, help your vision be enhanced, keep your prostate and breast health and let your skin radiate. Plus, taking zinc is shown to help us fight off those pesky Fall season colds. Adding a zinc supplement to your daily routine is really simple and you will be astounded by the benefits your health and wellbeing receive as a result

Keep the Pain Down with Hemp Products

As the season gets colder, our muscles will naturally tense up more. But you don't have to suffer in silence. Give your muscles some selfcare with a range of hemp-infused products from hempvana.com. They are designed to give you pain relief through formulas that are also good for the planet. They even have Covid-19 products to keep you extra protected through this higher risk season. Selfcare is achieved when you take the steps necessary to protect and heal your body—and doing so is easy with hemp-infused products!

Show Your Skin Some Love

As the months get colder, our skin will automatically get drier. So show your skin some selfcare with a range of luxury moisturizers designed to keep your skin soft and smelling fantastic. It can become a part of your daily morning and evening routine, where the scents from these moisturizers will not only please your skin but also your sense of smell. Who doesn't love getting a big whiff of coconut or honey blossom to start or end their day? And if you are really showing your skin some selfcare, book an afternoon appointment with your local spa to get a facial. You'll leave feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.

Turn Up the Music

One of the best ways to show yourself some selfcare is by being in the present and listening to some of your favorite music. If you need to calm yourself down, go ahead and listen to that acoustic chill playlist. And if you are wanting to feel inspired, listen to the best Grammy performances of all time. Music is healing to us all and is one of the best ways to create an environment of selfcare.

Make Time to Workout

Getting our sweat on is another great way to show ourselves some selfcare. By moving our body we are creating endorphins, getting healthier and having fun in the process. Working out is not only good for our muscles but equally for our minds as well. If you are particularly stressed or feeling down and the go workout with a variety of fitness classes online or in person, you will likely notice an instant difference in your mood as well. So make time to work out every day if you can, even if just for 20 or so minutes. It is one of the best forms of selfacare and you can tailor your workouts to what your personal interests and passions are.

Drink Water Every Morning

Start your day right and drink a glass of lemon water. Often our bodies wake up feeling dehydrated, so an easy way to show yourself some selfcare is to drink a glass of lemon-infused water. It will not only hydrate your body so it feels better, but the lemon will provide your tastebuds with a tingly sensation to wake them right up and also get your digestive system tuned up for the day ahead. This form of selfcare only takes a few minutes, is super inexpensive and will get your day off to a great start.

Start a Gratitude Journal

As cliché as it may sound to some, there is something extremely beneficial from taking time out of your day to write down what you are grateful for. It can be as simple as having a home or being able to see the sky to the last holiday you went on or the competition you won. The act of showing gratitude will help alleviate your stress and put into perspective of just how great a life you really have. Appreciation and gratitude are two forms of selfcare that truly enhance our mental wellbeing and help us feel more sensations of happiness.

Enrol in a Yoga Class

The combination of movement and meditation is another great way to show ourselves selfcare. Classes can be done both online or in a studio, with a nurturing instructor giving great life advice and leading you through a restorative flow series. Going to a yoga class is a great form of selfcare because it will help you feel connected to a community, stretch out your body to prevent any pain from occurring and give you time to be fully in the present and meditate.

Prioritize Your Sleep

Another great way to add selfcare to your daily routine is to make enough time in your schedule to get a good night's sleep. Our body needs at least seven to eight hours of sleep per night so that it can get rid of any toxins, enhance memories and recover the brain from all the stimulation that took place during the day. Snoozing your way through selfcare is something that we think everyone can get on board with! And to truly take this form of selfcare to the next level, splurge on a quality bed, linens and pillow. You should even consider getting an oil diffuser for your bedside table so you can drift off to sleep with scents of lavender oil in the bedroom.

Showing yourself selfcare is something that will benefit your mental and physical wellbeing this Fall. How you do it is completely up to you, and you can decide how to enact your own selfcare based on personal preferences and interests. Try mixing up a few different techniques and see which ones you enjoy the most. But regardless of what you choose, the most important part of selfcare this fall is to simply do it.