Take A Long Drive

Take A Long Drive

It will be so worth it in the end.
42

One of my favorite things in this world is the freedom of hopping into a car, putting on some great music and going for a drive. There is something so wonderful about being able to go wherever you want. Going for a long drive on long winding roads surrounded by beautiful foliage and all the colors of the world. My goodness, I could go on forever with how much I love that feeling.

When I was younger, however, the thought of driving was the scariest thing ever. I was so scared at the thought of driving and possibly getting into an accident that I refused to get my license (even with my father's constant pushing). Finally, my sophomore year of college, I decided (or I caved and let my dad sign up for my road test day) that it was time for me to get my license. The day came, I went through my test, BARELY passed and it was official — I was legally a licensed driver. Luckily, I didn’t have a car yet so I didn’t have to face my fear right away.

However, during breaks and the beginning of the summer before my junior year, I was able to get into my dad’s car without anyone in the passenger seat and just drive. It was one of the most amazing and freeing experiences, and I knew I was hooked.

Towards the end of the summer, I got my very first car, Norman. He is the cutest little thing in the entire world, and I can't believe that I didn’t want to drive once upon a time. Having the freedom to go wherever I want, being able to get comfortable, turn on my favorite music and go on an adventure is the greatest feeling.

Since then, I have been able to go on so many amazing adventures and road trips and travel to distant locations for concerts. It’s been such a great time, and being able to have friends travel with me makes it even more fun. I can’t imagine what I would have been doing this past summer if I didn’t have Norman and my roommate, Haley available. I mean, we pretty much just traveled all around New York and Canada for some of the best concerts ever.

Having someone around to travel with is one of the best things ever, but honestly, just road trips in general are the best things ever.

If you have the means, I would highly suggest just taking a day or a few hours to yourself to go on an awesome drive. It makes everything better, and it will immediately calm you down. Have an awesome drive!