Make Use Of Your Academic Career By Investing In Classes That Will Make A Real Impact

We end up dedicating a huge portion of our own lives into most of the classes we take and in a sense the classes end up assembling our existence.

272

Life is all about moving on and always keeping your blinkers on. We as humans should always be immune to changes of any type. Changes can be either positive or negative depending on the situation. This week is the last week of classes before finals start and I'm starting to find myself feeling bittersweet about drifting apart from my classes. I always find myself enjoying most of my classes (except one or two sometimes).

The few months that we spend in a semester learning about a totally innovative topic becomes such a constant part of our lives. Starting with attending lectures, listening to professors and fellow classmates talk, preparing for exams (which are not everyone's jam), writing essays, etc. end up becoming the social norm for us. Not having to attend these same classes that we have included as part of our everyday routine leaves me with subtle clouds of nostalgia. As a matter of fact, I'm still trying to digest the bittersweet truth of having to move on from my current courses and having to prepare for the next semester. We end up dedicating a huge portion of our own lives into most of the classes we take and in a sense, the classes end up assembling our existence.

Change is inevitable and life is geared towards the future. The moments that we spend working or performing something that we ardently love and care about are really hard to forget at times. For instance, learning about advanced reporting techniques in my journalism class while hearing true and emotional stories about fellow classmates is undoubtedly unforgettable.

One of the most valuable lessons I've learned from my professor this semester is to always have empathy for others. Without empathy, we will never become a magnanimous human being. Indeed, empathy enables us to connect with others on a more personal level along with forming a close-knit bond with the world. Before becoming notable for your work, it is of utmost importance that you first become a better human being. In reality, our primary identity is derived from the person that we are and then our secondary identity arises based on our potential career. Moreover, the past should be something to reminisce during your free time and be the roadmap towards your future. You should plan on learning from it without letting it consume your present and future.

As I'm writing, a myriad of memories and wisdom gained from my professors and classmates are ringing through my heart and mind. I'm unable to come to terms with the idea of not having classes next week because I have wholeheartedly dedicated myself to the active process of learning. But, I strongly hope that time is the best healer of pain and that once I embrace my new classes next semester, I'll start feeling much more relaxed and enthusiastic. Sometimes, it is worthwhile to remain in a class only for a brief period of time because the freshness will always remain intact on your mind. In other words, the less time you experience something, the more impactful that experience will end up becoming!