43. Load some more money onto your Starbucks card.
The last decade has been A LOT. The first iPad came out, we watched a royal wedding, people thought the world was going to end, fidget spinners occupied way too much time, and is it just me or is every new movie a sequel? No matter what your last decade held, there's no denying that as a society we've made some moves. Ending a decade that has meant so much to us is a bit overwhelming...how do you cap off one era and enter a fresh one? Honestly, don't sweat it. If we've learned anything this last decade, it's that everyone can march to the beat of their own drum and that is A-ok. But in case you need decade-worthy ideas, allow me.
1. Eat a whole pizza by yourself
Because nothing says "new decade" like cheese and dough.
2. Call your mom
She'll appreciate it, promise.
3. Adopt a pet
Want to promote responsibility and caring in the new decade? Adopt a furry friend and notice the positive impact it has on both of you.
You may not have purchased a home in the last ten years, but at least you can own a hotel in a board game!
Good for your body, good for your mind, good for a memorable New Year's Eve!
6. Download a meditation app
There are some great meditation apps out there — Headspace, The Mindfulness App, and Calm are all great options to bring out your zen.
7. Bake more cookies than you could ever possibly eat
And then eat them all as a reward for your hard work!
8. Call that friend you've been fighting with and apologize
You miss them, they miss you. Make it right.
9. Sign up for a new workout class
Sure, you could go to the gym solo, but group fitness keeps working out fun and accountable (and you don't have to do any of the thinking)!
10. Register to vote
I don't know if you've heard, but 2020 IS an election year.
11. Go for a run
Welcome those happy endorphins with open arms, it doesn't matter how fast you go.
12. Say you're going for a run but then take a nap instead
Your body had a very busy decade, might as well get some rest.
13. Organize your fuzzy sock collection
14. Embark on a feel-good movie marathon
Whether feel-good means Hallmark-level cheesy or Tony Stark saving the universe, you do you.
15. Make a vision board
You're going places next year, I just know it!
16. Join a pyramid scheme and then immediately bail
Because who has got the time?
17. Donate your old clothes
There are so many people who would love to receive your second-hand goods. Make someone's day while cleaning out your closet.
18. Stop pretending you like broccoli
It's ok, there are other vegetables to adore.
19. Go pet all the dogs in your neighborhood
A lofty goal? Sure. A worthy goal? The worthiest!!!
20. Buy an at-home spa kit and treat yo selfGiphy
You already know you deserve it.
21. Re-watch your favorite season of 'The Bachelor'
The most dramatic season? YES, that one!
22. And 'The Bachelorette'
Or is THIS the most dramatic?
23. And heck, throw 'Bachelor in Paradise' in for good measure
OK, OK, this is the most dramatic one. At least that's what Chris Harrison said.
24. Buy a new cookbook and read it cover-to-cover
You'll be cooking up a storm in no time!
25. Rearrange the furniture in your bedroom
You gotta get those cozy vibes.
Because you're going to accomplish big things next year.
27. Make a smoothie
Greens! Berries! Peanut butter! Honey! Whatever else you want to blend into a beautifully delicious snack!!!
28. Perfect your penmanship
You'll never fail to impress.
29. Work on your impressions
Where did all the impressions go? Wasn't this a favorite party trick? Bring it back!
30. Juggle some oranges
Another party trick.
31. Eat the oranges
We love a party trick that ends with an immunity-boosting snack.
32. Design a postage stamp
Because what else are you going to do?
33. Memorize the Declaration of Independence
Again, it's about to be an election year.
34. Steal the Declaration of Independence!
Ben Gates did it, how hard can it be?
On second thought, it's probably pretty difficult. Leave it to the experts.
36. Plant some flowers
All the good vibes, please and thank you.
37. Make some prank phone calls on your friend who is easiest to annoy
Nothing says "I love you!" like a prank phone call. Don't forget to *67.
38. Clean out your refrigerator
That tupperware full of moldy leftovers has got to go.
39. Talk on the phone with your best friend for AT LEAST 90 minutes
It's been FOREVER (or one day) since you've chatted, time to catch up.
If you have the glassware, you need the know-how.
42. Color coordinate your 2020 calendar
It's calming, trust me.
43. Load more money onto your Starbucks card
Don't lie to yourself and think you won't use it.
44. Listen to every Taylor Swift album
She's the Artist of the Decade for a reason!
45. And don't forget her new Christmas song
Also a bop.
46. Decide on a signature lipstick color
If you don't have one, you should.
47. Heavily research your enneagram number
The better you know your number the better you know yourself and the better you can help others know you. Got it?
48. Investigate your family heritage
While you're doing so much learning about yourself, add the fam bam into the fun.
49. Make paella
All together now: YUMMMM.
50. Pick a new language to learn
You always say you want to, but you never have. Now is the time.
Or you can just bounce up and down until you get dizzy, to each their own.
52. Take a couple of minutes to appreciate how far you've come this decade
Self reflection is a beautiful thing. And hey, you've done well, enjoy it!
53. Try a brand new food
It might just become your favorite.
54. Plan a fun trip
Because while you're figuratively going places in 2020, you can also literally go places.
55. Solve the mystery of Area 51
Someone has to!
56. Recite positive affirmations in the mirror
It may seem silly at first, but positive affirmations can actually turn your day around.
57. Send your grandma flowers
The woman deserves them.
58. Clean your car
A clean car is a happy car.
59. Say "goodbye" to all those old notebooks you're hoarding
There will be other notebooks, trust me.
60. Act out all of Jim Carrey's 'The Grinch'
The cinematic masterpiece deserves all your love!
61. Watch a documentary on climate change
Educate yourself, the times are a changing.
62. Airdrop pictures of baby pandas to strangers
Your good deed for the day.
63. Go swimming
It's a great workout for your entire body and positively impacts your heart health! And you can wear fun goggles and pretend to be a shark, if that floats your boat.
64. Watch all the holiday episodes of 'Friends'
65. Plan your Valentine's Day girls' night
There is zero harm in planning how festive you're going to be in advance!
66. And your St. Patrick's Day bar crawl
You are a party planner extraordinaire!
67. And your Memorial Day barbecue
Your friends will be so impressed.
Chances are high you're running low. Or it's just old. Or you're tired of the scent. Just get some new hand lotion.
69. Try something that scares you
Comfort zones? You don't know them.
70. Watch 'Fixer Upper' and decide how to renovate your house
Nothing says "inspiration" like Chip and Joanna!
71. Invent a new ice cream flavor
The world thanks you in advance.
72. Take a nap
Your body wants MORE sleep? Better listen up.
73. Make a plan to drink more water
Dehydration is a think of the past. You are now a permanent member of hydration nation, congrats.
74. Fix that one doorknob that needed to be fixed a WHILE ago
Start the new year with fully-functioning doors.
75. Talk about the big game with your dad
It doesn't matter how much you know or don't know, just spend some quality time with your pops.
76. Make a huge pan of nachos to share with your friends
Sharing is caring, especially when it comes to carbs and dairy products.
77. Bring up the dress that's either blue and black or white and gold — watch where the conversation takes you
OOF we went there.
Educational and fun? Sign me up.
79. Snuggle up with a blanket and a cup of hot chocolate
Nothing says "I have to go back to work soon" like ignoring your troubles with a relaxing evening in.
80. Make snow angels for two hours
It's a new way to get that heart rate up.
81. Make a blanket fort
No children necessary, all ages are welcome.
82. Watch every single 'Bon Appétit' video on YouTube
It's a deep hole and you may as well dive in, head first.
83. Get a new pair of sneakers
You are making MOVES this next year, reliable kicks are required.
84. Update your computer, FINALLY
It reminds you every day, give it a break.
Yes, sunscreen does expire. Yes, expired sunscreen does not protect you from harmful rays. Yes, you should get new, not-expired sunscreen.
86. Make an appointment to talk to a therapist
Therapy is no longer the taboo subject that it was. There's a lot going on out there and there is zero shame in using your resources to help yourself. Take the first step, make an appointment.
87. Have a party where everyone wears sequins
Talk about an Instagrammable occasion!
88. Sing your favorite Dolly Parton song for karaoke
Dibs on '9 To 5.'
89. Play Uno and pretend you're not starting a war
Another lighthearted game where everyone can breath easy and enjoy themselves!
90. Learn what "organic" really means
How your food is labeled really does matter. You should probably read up on these things.
91. Sign up to volunteer
Caring about a certain cause is all well and good, but take the initiative to volunteer for that cause is a step in the right direction.
92. Make a food bucket list
There is a LOT of good food out there. Time to eat up.
93. Take 10 minutes to stretch it out
Fun fact, taking 10 minutes to stretch can drastically improve your overall health!
94. Convert someone to whatever fandom you're a part of
Marvel, Harry Potter, Star Wars...whatever your fancy, share the love!
95. Change up your signature
New year, new signature.
Would 10/10 recommend taking care of those pretty little eyes of yours.
Your house is about to be so zen!
98. Clean your shower curtain
No one cleans that thing and let me tell you, it needs some help.
99. Make some pasta
Is this ever a bad idea? No. No it is not.
100. Water your houseplants
In all the holiday shenanigans, your houseplants may be a little forgotten. Give them a drink, they need to make it into the new year!
101. Don't drink and drive
Between Uber, Lyft, Via, and your friends who would never want to see you get behind the wheel while intoxicated, there is no excuse to drink and drive this New Year's Eve. It doesn't matter how you end the decade as long as you are keeping yourself and those around you safe.