How I Became A Taco Bell Addict

How I Became A Taco Bell Addict

Taco Bell is changing lives one cheesy gordita crunch at a time.

194
How I Became A Taco Bell Addict
BuzzFeed

I grew up in a very health conscious family where processed foods were forbidden and everything was organic, right down to the ketchup. Every year on the last day of school, my mom would treat my sisters and me to Burger King. Nothing was more delicious or more satisfying than biting into those 6 tiny chicken nuggets and fries and sipping on an orange soda.

So naturally, college was a completely different experience for me where I discovered the taste of a new forbidden food every day. From Pop-Tarts to Mallomars to frozen Taquitos, I couldn't get enough. By the end of freshman year, I thought I had experienced all the food worth tasting. I could not have been more wrong.

It is strange to think that only two short years ago I was a sophomore in college completely naive to the fact that my life was about to get turned upside down. It was a Saturday night just like any other Saturday night, or so I thought. My friends were hungry, and they all decided it was time to get in the car and venture to one of the fast food chains with late hours that surround our college town.

As the car pulled into the Taco Bell parking lot, I was not sure how to react. Taco Bell has always been an enigma to me. I had heard it called by name, and I had driven past the restaurant countless times, but my lips had never tasted the food and my feet had never touched the foreign ground. Above all, I was intrigued. Overwhelmed by all of the options on the menu, I followed my friends lead and quickly settled on the Cool Ranch Doritos Cheesy Gordita Crunch. As I unwrapped the taco, I was enveloped by the sweetest smell, and I don't think I have ever held something so beautiful. I savored every bite, and as soon as it was gone, I ran up to the counter and ordered a second one. I was in taco heaven.

From that day forward, my life was never the same. Taco Bell was integrated into my daily lifestyle, and whenever I was short on time or money, a cheesy gordita crunch would be my savior. As soon as I found out about the $5 boxes, it was a complete game changer. For only $5, I could eat my precious cheesy gordita crunch, but I also had access to a second taco, a burrito, and tortilla chips with nacho cheese. It just kept getting better. As if that wasn't enough, one time I was ordering my $5 box and to my dismay, I ended up waiting an extensive period of time until my box arrived. In addition to personally apologizing for the tremendous wait, the manager signed my receipt and told me that next time I come to this Taco Bell I will get a free $5 box. A FREE $5 BOX! Now that is what I call customer service.

I thought I had seen it all until a friend of mine mentioned the Taco Bell breakfast menu and claimed that the breakfast food is arguably better than the regular menu. I had to test the theory out for myself. I made it to Taco Bell with eight minutes to spare until they stopped offering breakfast. I ordered the California Breakfast Crunchwrap and patiently waited. My order got messed up and to make amends, I wound up walking out of there with three Crunchwraps instead of one. I ate my first Crunchwrap and was pleasantly surprised at how delicious it was. It was better than any of the breakfast sandwiches offered at Dunkin Donuts or McDonalds. The cheesy gordita crunch still has my heart, but the Breakfast Crunchwrap is a close second.

Now the only thing left on my Taco Bell bucket list is to visit the Taco Bell Cantina in Las Vegas. In addition to the typical menu, this Taco Bell offers a shareable appetizer menu and even offers alcohol to go with your exclusive Baja Blast, but the best part about Taco Bell Cantina is that now they are offering wedding services. When it comes my time to tie the knot, I can't think of anything better for a taco lover than a Taco Bell wedding. I can already see the sauce packet bouquet.