Swiping Right On Mr. Right Isn't Exactly Romantic

Swiping On Mr. Right Isn't Exactly Romantic

When Harry swiped right on Sally? Doesn't have the same ring to it.

187
https://unsplash.com/photos/9_SaFlgwFdA

Before we take the deep dive on this, I just want to say that I am not a fan of the current dating culture. Everything is digital and I know that makes me sound like someone well into their fifties, but it's the truth. I'm a twenty-year-old girl who doesn't find dating apps to be the most riveting form of dating.

It makes me just a little uncomfortable.

I've been called old-fashioned, boring, a priss. The list goes on and on.

I'm fine with being called names and being disagreed with, but what it comes down to is I just don't vibe well with it. I want a guy to make it known he's into me, not give me minimal interaction during the day and then blow my phone up at night.

Make it just a bit more obvious because I'm not going to lie, I can't tell. Getting someone to like you has always been a lot of guessing and pretending which was exhausting enough but throwing in technology and I'm ready to give up.

What happened to calling someone over the phone to ask them out, flirting in person, genuinely having a face-to-face conversation?

I'm so happy for those people who have found genuine romance on dating apps and by DM-ing someone, but I have my heart set on meeting the man I'm going to marry at my job, or at some coffee shop. Yes, I put my expectations in nineties rom-coms, but it's not that impossible.

There's just something about dating right now that adds even more anxiety into the mix and it sort of takes away some of the romance. Everybody has different things that work for them and some people strive with this new way of dating. I'm just not one of them.

All I'm asking for is a meet-cute, some face-to-face flirting, and maybe a Friends marathon. Not a message in my DMs asking if I'm up. How romantic.