4 Sustainable Wrapping Paper Ideas For Your Gifts​

Going green for the holiday season

13
Photo by Duy Hoang via Unsplash
Tis the season for everyone running around rampant trying to figure out the perfect gifts to give to their loved ones, and in the midst of figuring out which toy to get for their child or even what to get for their dad or mom there is a struggle of what kind of wrapping paper to use to hide the chosen gifts. While it is a nice gesture that there are multiple stores that have designed rolls of paper, as well as bags, but in the end it takes a major toll on the environment and causes even more havoc in the end. So, how do we combat the copious amounts of specially designed paper? Using sustainable objects that are already in your house.

1. BROWN PAPER

Do you remember all of those parcels that you get from delivery? Keeping those not only helps with the three major r's, reduce, reuse, recycle; but it also comes in handy when it you are wrapping the gifts.

2. NEWSPAPER

Newspapers come in handy after you have looked through the articles, getting caught up on all things sports, and even enjoyed the comic section, but the newspaper also comes in handy as wrapping paper. For the kiddos you can use the comic section to wrap their gifts, giving them something funny to read before or even after they have seen their gifts.

3. EMPTY COOKIE TIN

Almost every family ends up having a baking marathon where dozens of cookies are made for all of those that are close to them. And after several hours of spending in the kitchen baking every type of cookie under the sun they are bound to need some sort of container to give to the recipient, enter the empty cookie tin that for some unknown reason is always found in the cabinets that were hidden behind the pots and pans.

4. SCARVES

One of the things that most people do not think about is the scarf. It doesn't have to be a fifty dollar scarf, in fact it can be one that you can find for $5 at your local goodwill. Wrapping something small and fragile with a scarf will not only give it a little style but it can also give it another layer of protection.