6 Ways To Support Sustainability In 2021

What can you do to live a sustainable lifestyle in 2021? Here are a few ideas.

249

For the year 2020, the entire world adapted to the changes brought by the pandemic. Some of these developments have created sustainable futures for many industries in 2021. With a more widespread understanding of sustainability, implementing environmentally-friendly strategies can become a reality with these innovative adjustments.

Look to 2021 as a positive green year for your life and the planet. You could immediately implement some of these ideas, while others might take some time for you to make the switch.

1. Remote Work

According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), around 29% of greenhouse gases come from transportation, including cars commuting to and from work. If more people worked from home, the carbon dioxide emissions from gas-powered vehicles would decrease significantly.

Many businesses had their employees work from home as a precaution for COVID-19. These workers and employers saw the benefits to the environment brought by remote job locations. Talk to your company to see about working from home to practice this sustainable idea.

2. Importance of Nature

The outdoors is a beautiful place, and it must stay as clean as possible for all living beings to thrive. Whether you enjoy collecting houseplants or hiking, you can find positive ways to raise awareness for yourself and others about the importance of a healthy natural environment.

Reconnect yourself with the natural world in 2021 by appreciating the different habitats you live in. Encourage others to experience the peace that nature brings by spending time meditating or walking or hiking outside.

3. Refocus on Climate Change

Climate change is another powerful movement that will continue to pick up speed in 2021. Different governments across the world will address the factors that directly affect the climate because of raised awareness from you and thousands of other people.

Find out what you can do in your local community that can help reduce the threat of climate change, such as planting trees, protecting wildlife, or decreasing the carbon footprint of your area.

4. Demand Transparency From Companies

As technology continues to grow, the internet exposes social problems to people and how the affected community could stop them. Online sharing for a company's production methods is becoming a common practice. If a business uses shady tactics, you can find that out by doing a quick Google search and not purchasing from that organization.

Companies must abide by both domestic and international labor laws and environmental regulations, and be transparent about such issues with the public if they want to increase the trust between you and them.

Honesty and transparency from these groups will help you make better decisions about who you decide to buy from based on the ethical choices involved.

5. Use Electric Cars

Electric cars are becoming more affordable as the years progress. These energy-efficient options promote sustainability for the entire world. Make a plan in your budget to eventually buy an electric vehicle to help decrease the amount of gas used everywhere.

6. Choose a Healthy Diet

Making changes to your diet is a great way to improve long-lasting health. Some foods, such as seafood, are one of the healthiest protein choices available. Fish is full of micronutrients that promote long-term sustainability in your body.

Consuming fruits and vegetables daily also helps you to have more energy throughout the day. Make a food switch today to eat more sustainable foods for a healthier lifestyle.

Create Your Sustainable Life

There's so much you can do to live a wonderful and meaningful life that's also sustainable, and most of it isn't complicated or cumbersome to adopt. Use some of these tips to create a plan to become more sustainable in your daily activities. When you choose environmentally-friendly options, you make a positive difference for yourself and the planet's future.