Surviving Midterms As Told By Elle Woods

If the Princess of Pink can do it, so can we!

81

Midterms: the bane of our existence. Why teachers would give us mandated tests in the middle of the semester (when we're obviously busy trying to figure out the best way to study and tan at the same time) is a mystery to us all. The late night cramming sessions give us bags under our eyes, we haven't actually showered in half a week, and the constant crying (and trying not to cry) is migraine-inducing. Enjoying a relaxing night of Netflix and chilling with friends isn't an option because there are piles and piles of papers and study guides all over the place — and that doesn't even account for the stacks of ramen cups and dirty dishes that you don't have time to clean. How do we endure times like these? I always ask myself, "What would Elle Woods do?" Living life according to the princess of pink means never letting the haters catch you frowning (besides, frown lines age you 10 years), and even in the face of adversity, smiling and looking your best, because dress-well-test-well, am I right? So when in doubt, watch "Legally Blonde" (and maybe two and three), and survive finals the Elle Woods way.

1. Confidence is key.

2. You know you won’t be fooled by that teacher’s silly tricks.

3. However, buttering them up for a little extra credit can’t hurt.

4. And when they refuse to treat you differently than everyone else (even though you clearly are), the puppy dog eyes usually work.

5. Continue to tell yourself (and everyone who asks how prepared you are) that you are perfectly capable of acing this test.

6. And then immediately doubt your self-confidence.

7. Panic and make a study guide (or a cheat sheet) and share it with your friends. Because sharing is caring, right?

8. Study a lot (or just say a prayer and opt for sleep), because you know you’ve got this … right?

9. Walk into the test with a smile on your face, even if on the inside, you’re crying.

10. And remind yourself that you know …something ... about the subject.

11. Then open the test…

12. While you’re staring at the words on the page (if they’re even words, you’re not quite sure) all you can think is:

13. When you finally turn your test in to the teacher…

14. ...and then you go home and question everything about yourself.

15. But when the grades are finally posted, and you see you didn’t completely fail…

16. …you’re back to your old, fabulous self once again!

So just remember, if you ever feel like you can’t beat test week, do like Elle Woods, and you’ll flawlessly make it through.

Because…

…well, midterms.