To The Friends Who Have Helped Me Through College I Wouldn't Have Made It Without You

Thank you to my Squad for being there.
218

Throughout your life, you meet people who will, in some way, have an impact on your life. This impact could be so small that you don't notice it, or it could be so big that you can't imagine your life without the impact. The big impact usually comes from friends.

Not the friends that you just say are friends but the friends that you can say you can't live your life without (for that moment in time). For me, these friends are my "Squad" and without them, I don't think I would've survived this long in college.

It doesn't matter if we are on a holiday break, there is not one day where we are not talking, or sending each other funny pictures or links we find on social media. And when we are all together, you can always count on us going on a Dutch run! Now, it is time I thank them.

Dear Victoria,

Well, you have literally been there since the beginning. You thought I was mean at first, but I just had a major case of RBF when we first met. I still do but at least you know that it is just my face! You are so awkwardly funny, you get way too hype when you have coffee, and you are the Grandma of the group, but that is what is so great about you. I am so excited to be the Maid of Honor in your wedding! Thank you for being my friend.

Dear Itzel,

Oh girl, I will never forget how we met. The volleyball game in which we made up the weirdest dance and started talking about DJ's. Our similar taste in music locked in our friendship and I can always count on you to update me when a new song comes out. I would like to thank you for letting me hang out at your apartment during my class breaks, and letting me leave my stuff at your apartment so I don't have to lug everything around. You always keep me hype at basketball games, and I appreciate that! You definitely are the mom of the group! Thank you for being my friend.

Dear Maya,

You are the fiercest person I know. You have such a sassy but vibrant personality and always have the need to help people. I love that about you! You (and Allissa) definitely have the best dance moves of the group and you always make me laugh. Your rants are so funny, your stories are the best, and having you in my life makes it that much better. Thank you for being my friend.

Dear Allissa,

I feel like you are literally me in a different body. You are so relatable in every way and I love you for that. You are so full of energy, even when you think you aren't, and it always hypes me up. You are always there for me, so in return, I will always be there for you when times get tough. Hanging out at your house is always a blast, and you already know that if you ever need anything (i.e. food/drink), I got you girl! I always forget that you are a year younger, but even then, you're the best friend a girl could have. Thank you for being my friend.

Dear Megan,

Oh my, where to begin. I am so glad that I got to know you. It took a year or two for us to finally talk and become close but I am so glad we did. You are so kind, which definitely balances me out and I love being around you. I can't wait for us to take a road trip out to see you! It will be so much fun! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be your friend and thank you so much for being mine.

I couldn't survive college without you guys so thank you for being there for me and making it better.

Sincerely,

Samantha