7 Ways To Survive The Rest Of The School Year

Pull out your summer clothes and start studying for finals kids.

249
Author's Images

1. Reorganize your room.

This might be a little bit harder for those of us living in a shoebox of a dorm, but reorganizing your room can be one of the most therapeutic ways to get a fresh start. Whether it's rearranging your entire bedroom, or simply switching up the drawers in your dresser, moving things around and getting reorganized always helps me feel ready to take on the rest of the semester.

2. Switch your closet from fall/winter to spring/summer clothing.

Nothing gets me more excited for summer than pulling my shorts and tank tops out of storage. Just by moving your winter clothes to the back of your closet and pulling out your summer wardrobe, you can feel summer just around the corner. So tuck away that heavy winter coat (unless you go to school in the Arctic Tundra) and pull out those cute summer clothes!

3. Get into a workout routine.

It's definitely not January anymore, so if you failed at your New Year's Resolution to go to the gym more often, now's the time to start! Not only will getting into a workout routine help boost your mood, energy and self-esteem, but you can also start working on that summer bod!

4. Try something new.

Start reading one book a month. Write in a journal. Join a new club. There's hundreds of things to do and try and you never know, you might end up finding something you really enjoy. Finding a new pastime also helps with keeping yourself busy, which will make these next few weeks fly by.

5. Make plans for spring break and summer.

Not everyone gets to spend spring break lying on a beach somewhere, with a piña colada in their hand.

Even if you're just heading home for the week, making plans with your friends in advance will keep you looking forward to your week off of school. Better yet, start planning for the summer as well!

6. Start studying, now!

I know summer vacation is creeping closer and closer, but so is exam week. Avoid cramming for you exams and make the week before as stress-free as possible by starting to prepare as early as you can. Use a planner and start making time for yourself to sit down and start hitting the books as early as you can. Start making those flashcards kids, you'll thank me later.

7. Spend time with your school friends

Thought winter break was hard? Try all summer. You might be used to seeing them everyday right now but pretty soon you'll have to go an entire three months without them. Spend time with your friends from school while you can, especially if you live far away from each other and can't visit.

Though it might seem lightyears away right now, summer is closer than you think. Power through these last few weeks and it'll be here before you know it.