To those who are unaware, mid-term season is upon us. This is the time in the semester where everyone has to buckle down and buckle down hard. Mid-terms are unfortunately all during the same week most of the time, and those weeks become incredibly stressful and rough. So here are 28 things that make me smile and allow me to take a step back and realize everything will be okay! (This is of course for everybody, not just college students!) Doing these things can help you take a break from the stress for a bit!
1. Watching videos of dogs meeting babies.
2. Treat yourself to a venti iced coffee.
3. Take a 30-minute power nap.
(stick to 30 minutes the best as you can)
4. Ask a family member to let you FaceTime your dogs back home.
5. You can also FaceTime your family, I guess.
6. Buy some new colorful pens.
7. And cute notecards.
8. And cute notebooks.
I just like office supplies okay?!
9. Indulge in some reality TV for an hour or so.
Real Housewives is my drink of choice.
10. Bake something!
I suck at baking but frozen cookie dough is a wonderful thing.
11. Take a minute and step outside.
Eno for a bit. Be granola.
12. Doodle in your cute notebook you just bought.
13. Pin some things you want to a Pinterest board and let it be motivation.
14. Wash your face with some fancy face wash.
15. Light a candle as you cry over accounting homework.
The candle will offset the other four senses.
16. Look through your camera roll.
17. Take your time at the grocery store and peruse the ice cream aisle.
18. Watch a vine compilation on youtube.
19. Go to Target.
20. Get a pretzel and Coke Icee at Target.
21. Get lost in Target.
22. This is kind of a chore but wash your sheets.
Clean sheets are the best.
23. Organize your makeup drawer.
24. Print some fun pictures and hang them around your room.
25. Lay on the floor for a while.
Idk but it's soothing.
26. Try to learn how to write in cute curly letters as you zone out in class.
(don't zone out just do it aimlessly...yeah I shouldn't encourage zoning out)
27. Call a friend who has a dog and go cuddle him or her.
28. Take your eyes off your laptop for a second and soak everything in.
Everything is going to be okay and the world is beautiful. Don't lose sight of that.