Survival Tips: Getting Through Midterms

Survival Tips: Getting Through Midterms

Midterms don't have to be all stress and no fun.

16
Survival Tips: Getting Through Midterms

1.Watch Netflix.

Studying for 12 hours straight isn’t good for you. Every once in a while, stop and watch an episode of your favorite show. It will give your brain a break and put a smile on your face. Just don’t watch a show that’s so addicting you get no work done.

2.Treat yourself.

Go get some frozen yogurt after your time at the library and savor it. You deserve it after studying your butt off.

3.Take a nap (duh).

Naps can be 30 minutes or an hour. You don’t have to nap for 4 hours to be reenergized (although I wish we had the time). Take a little time to reset when you need, and make the most the most of precious break time.

4.Get together with friends.

Studying is a lot more helpful in a group and it definitely makes things more fun overall. Afterwards, go out to eat or watch a movie. You’ll get bonding time in and you can consider yourself productive.

5.Wear what you want!

Sure, they say dressing nice boosts your confidence. But if you want to wear a sweatshirt &/or sweats go for it! It’s definitely getting colder and you will for sure be more productive when you’re the most comfortable.

6.Try out a new type of coffee, or just all of them.

We know this is the time everyone will be going crazy on caffeine in order to stay up later. Might as well test out some new flavors while its socially acceptable to drown your sorrows at the café.

7.Pick a good place to spend your time.

Find where you study the best and feel the most comfortable. If you do the best in your dorm, study there! If it’s the library, then find a comfy couch there. It can be completely quiet or even noisy. Focus on what’s best for you, don’t feel forced to study where “everyone else does.”

8.Find the right music.

Sure, you might never listen to classical music a normal basis. However, you might try it out while you study and find that it works wonders. Pick out music that keeps you motivated and isn’t too distracting. Whatever that is, go for it!

9. Try Coloring, Drawing, doing something artsy.

Adult coloring books are a thing now! And even if you don’t have one of those, you can sketch on a spare sheet of paper or print some coloring pages out online. It might sound silly but it really does have healing effects. Besides, who doesn’t like coloring?!

10. Remind yourself that you will be okay!

You might feel like you’re Ross Geller “fine.” But just remember that afterwards all the studying will pay off and soon all the testing will be over. You’ve got this! You just got to believe that!