9 Surreal Natural Landscapes That Make You Thank Nature

From leaves blowing in the wind to harsh winds howling under the moonlight to even waterfalls gushing midstream, mother natures possess the ultimate power of making our planet so breathtakingly stunning.

50

We often find ourselves becoming too self-absorbed in the materialism of our universe that we forget the most immense beauty it has to offer, that beauty being mother nature. Twinkling stars, vast rocky mountains, mysterious underground coves and even the rarest glacial ice caves behold all of nature's greatest treasures in the one place we all can call our home—planet Earth. Here are nine of the most surreal, awe-inspiring landscapes I would love to travel to (and I hope you agree as well!) not only because of how marvelous they appear, but because of the message they symbolize in which mother nature has a way of transforming the most simplest things on Earth into the most beautiful.

1. Montana

In The Glacier National Park of Montana, Pebble Shore Lake is a "must-see" as it dazzles travelers from all around the world with beautiful and vibrant colored stones. Local residents from the state of Montana often come here to have picnics and relax among the cool water that shimmer with various colors and tones.

2. New Zealand

I have never been to New Zealand nor have I heard of all the beautiful landscapes, so this image is one that is jaw-dropping. I have never seen something so beautiful and this is definitely something new on my bucket list!

3. Iceland

Sure . . . ice in Iceland, what's knew about that? However, the way the sunset reflects off these ice caves makes me want to go to Iceland more. than. ever.

4. Portugal

My family on my father's side is from Portugal and I have heard many and many and many stories on how gorgeous this country is. I have yet to get in touch with my roots and travel to Portugal; however, if I ever have the chance to visit, the first place would go to would be the Red Forest.

5. Romania

This waterfall in Romania puts every other waterfall to shame. Like seriously, Niagara Falls (the only waterfall I have ever seen) needs to step its game up.

6. Japan

Just imagine walking through the most peaceful, yet invigorating flower tunnel filled with light pink, fragrant cherry blossoms—oh you can't—well, it's basically walking into heaven. Japan is widely known for its busy city ventures within Tokyo, yet let's take a step back to admire the eloquent and tranquil nature this flower tunnel has to offer.

7. Scotland

Yep, I am just wishing I could see these "fairy pools" in the Isle of Sky in Scotland for my own eyes. How magical and effervescent, maybe they really are sprinkled with fairy glimmer and joy!

8. Philippines

Look at the blue sky. Look at the crystal clear water. Look at the radiant green trees. Look at the white, puffy clouds. I am floating on cloud nine just thinking about being in the Kayangan Lake of the Philippines.

9. Colorado

How crazy is it that ice caves are located in our own nation?! These ice caves can be found in Colorado and attract tourists from all over the world. It may be an unbearably cold place, nevertheless, it would still be a wonderful sight. Someone call Princess Elsa because her ice castle is nothing compared to these caves filled with lustful icicles and chilly winds.