5 Supplements To Take If Your Goal Is To Build Muscle And Tone

No, you don't HAVE to take these, but they will enhance your results!

222
https://unsplash.com/photos/EZWTMjwAWls
Unsplash

Supplements aren't for everyone. It is 100% a choice to take any type of nutritional supplements.

In this case, I am here to inform from experience what has worked for me, personally. Remember that everyone is different and your body may react differently than mine.

1. Protein

Protein is the number one supplement to take if you are looking to build lean muscle. High protein intake will maintain muscle mass and promote muscle growth.

It can also be used as meal/snack replacements if you are trying to fix bad eating habits. Many weight trainers get their protein from powder or you can also get your intake from lean meat, such as chicken and salmon.

2. Creatine

Creatine can be found in pre-workout as well as its own supplement. If you are looking for muscle growth, taking creatine by itself can boost the process.

Creatine boosts your energy levels, helps muscle recovery, and increases cell hydration. Creatine increases phosphocreatine stores in your brain. Ultimately, it can improve brain health and prevent neurological disease.

3. BCAAs (Branched-Chain Amino Acids)

BCAAs are taken usually during or after a workout. There are 20 different amino acids that make up protein in our bodies.

Nine out of the 20 are not made by your body. They must be obtained through your diet. You can obtain these by intaking protein-rich foods, such as meat and/or eggs.

Overall, they increase muscle growth, decrease muscle soreness, reduce exercise fatigue, and prevent muscle breakdown.

It is normal to feel sore after a workout, but BCAAs have shown to decrease muscle damage, which helps reduce severe soreness.

​4. Pre-Workout with a thermogenic

Thermogenics help your body produce heat through metabolic stimulation. In simpler terms, it helps you sweat while working out.

Thermogenics can also burn fat more easily than without using a supplement. While you will not lose fat overnight, it does fasten the process. Be prepared to notice a substantial increase in sweat, though!

5. Probiotic

Probiotics are used for overall health, but more specifically, they will decrease bloating. From my experience, they have helped with digestion and I have noticed a physical difference in bloating.

These supplements may not be for you. They have worked for me, and I will continue to use them and share my insight throughout my fitness journey.

The key to taking supplements is to be consistent. When you first begin taking supplements, you may not see a difference for a couple of months. That grace period is your body getting used to what you're putting inside.

Your body may also want to get rid of toxins after you start using supplements. It's normal! Don't worry and just be patient.