15 Reasons Every Millennial Should Listen To KYLE

Making waves in the rap world and sending smiles in every direction.

499
SuperDuperBrick

SuperDuperKyle, also known as King Wavy or KiD (Kyle is Determined) is a 21-year old rap artist hailing from Ventura, CA who has proved himself as an innovator in the industry with his first two albums: "Beautiful Loser" (released in 2013), and the recently dropped "Smyle." He's received recognition from fellow artists who have been continuously breaking ground with their work including the likes of Childish Gambino, Chance the Rapper, and G-Eazy.

OK, awesome. But why should I, the average millennial, be listening to KYLE?

I know you want to stay relevant and ahead of the music game while also bumping to some quality tunes that identify with the issues of your generation, so that's why I'm here to help.

1. KYLE is all about having fun!

Whether it's in his music videos, at his concerts, on twitter, or through his music, everything about his energy just makes you want to smile.

2. He knows how to make a good party anthem.

"Hey Now" - Martin Solveig & The Cataracs ft. KYLE

Highlight lyric: "What's the hold up? Take your clothes off. There's a game in the pillows or on Nintendo, it don't matter we can play."

3. But unlike the average rapper, KYLE also has a meme related party anthem.

"It's Lit" - KYLE ft. IAMSU!

Highlight lyric: "Had AP English so the flow is never basic."

4. He even has a hangover anthem that will make you want to rally.

"Last Night" - G-Eazy ft. KYLE & Devon Baldwin

Highlight lyric: "Tryna write a rap when you drunk is a skill though. Bottles and bars and they both being killed though. Trying to talk to these b*tches is hard 'cause I sound like Boomhauer from King of the Hill though."

5. If there is one thing millennials on the internet love, it's the 90s.

"Love 4 You" - KYLE

And KYLE clearly shares this nostalgia for the 90s aesthetic.

6. His wordplay and pop-culture reference game is, as the kids would say, on fleek.

"BANG" - KYLE ft. Mr. Man

Highlight lyric: "Lamborghini mercy, your chick - she so thirsty. I gave her a drink but I don't think it's working."

7. KYLE's authenticity shines through his work.

"Keep It Real" - KYLE

Highlight lyric: "I'm over rappers who smoke weed with white girls and get Emma Stoned."

8. And he encourages listeners to always stay true to themselves.

"Wanna Be Cool" - Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment (Change the Rapper ft. Big Sean & KYLE)

Highlight lyric: "If a cool guy's cool in the middle of the forest, man, nobody f*cking cares. Why don't you just be the you that you know you are, you know, when nobody else is there?"

9. He even grapples with tough themes, like the post-feminist archetype of the "Cool Girl."

"When Can We" - KYLE

Highlight lyric: "She so into flunking high school. She's so into giving up. She's so into showing the world that she doesn't give a f*ck."

10. KYLE has discovered a paradise between childhood and being an adult.

"Fruit Snacks & Cups of Patron" - KYLE

It's a land where millennials would be ecstatic to stay forever, sipping Patron on the beach while nibbling on Fruit Snacks.

11. I guess we could call this magical land the "Endless Summer."

"Endless Summer Symphony" - KYLE

Highlight lyric: "Let's move in a castle and stop dating these a**holes. We can start off everyday with Sex & Super Smash Bros."

12. KYLE's playful self-awareness makes his music relatable for anyone who has ever doubted themselves.

"Really? Yeah!" - KYLE

Highlight lyric: "Really? Really? No. F*ck no. This is f*cking corny my n*gga. No one's gonna like this sh*t. Really, really go fix your snaggletooth. F*CK!"

13. He understands modern romance and hook-up culture like no other.

"Don't Wanna Fall in Love" - KYLE

Highlight lyric: "I'm sorry it's you, but, hey, what should I do? Be happy with lies or be sad with the truth? Don't be ashamed. You see love is a game and I still wanna play I'm just too scared to lose and I know you are too."

14. Just look at this incredibly on point generational commentary.

"Just a Picture" - KYLE ft. Kehlani

Highlight lyric: "All those people on your Facebook page are not your only friends. I wanna dive into your heart baby, not slide in your DMs."

15. And one thing we know for sure is that KYLE is always going to crank out SuperDuper jams while keeping it real for the millennial generation.

"Really? Yeah!"

Are you a newfound fan? Text KYLE and tell him I sent you! +1-805-409-4842