Sunday Night Thoughts

Sunday Night Thoughts

Just some ramblings, of a half awake Jamie.

118
Sunday Night Thoughts
ytimg.com

This semester has been a lot for me. Mentally, physically, emotionally. You pick a topic, and I'm sure I can tell you how rough it has been.

I've always been someone who has loved to be busy. I like waking up, going to class, going to rehearsals or practices or basically doing anything besides sitting on my butt. I've always liked helping people, or just being a leader in general.

This semester I've taken on a lot in terms of leadership and just being busy in general. Today is November 12th, and I can't help but feel like I am crashing and just can't wait until Thanksgiving Break to have a few days off.

I realize, that sometimes I forget to take care of myself. I get caught up with throwing myself into activities, that I forget I need to rest too. I forget that my health is important. I'm not talking about normal physical health, but my mental health too. Everyone needs time off, time to theirselves to relax and unwind. Without it, well, we get drained and sick and not in the best emotional state (insert mental breakdowns here).

It's at that point in the semester where I get home at 4 PM on Mondays and automatically just want to lounge around and go to bed. I've pushed myself all semester long, and now I'm feeling the effects.

I guess the point of this article and rambling is, take a chill pill every once in a while. We can save the world on step at a time, but we can't save the world if we're too exhausted and sick to continue doing anything.

I'm going to be better to myself, and I think everyone should be too.