16 Tips To Rid Your Sunday Scaries And Make It Your Favorite Day Of The Week

The day that you always dread can now become your favorite.

320
Bayley Cook

If you are a “relax junky,” like myself, then I am sure you appreciate yourself a good Sunday. However, these types of Sundays can be hard to come by. When life starts getting hectic and fast-paced, it becomes harder to find time to just sit down and breathe. As a result, we start dreading Sundays because it means that we have to cram everything in before we begin the next week.

This doesn't have to always be the case, though. Nonetheless, there are many ways to teach yourself to love Sundays if you spend them the right way.

1. Reading a book

Whether it be a romance novel or science fiction thriller, reading is such a good way to escape the busy lives that are happening around us. By escaping into a book, you are giving yourself a break from not only life but also those pesky iPhone screens.

2. Going for a walk

This might only work out if the weather permits, but if you're lucky enough to get the chance, going for a walk gives you a breath of fresh air. Depending on your daily routines, a majority of us are cooped up indoors all day every day. Getting out of the house can relieve some of that stress that is tensing us up.

3. LIGHTLY cleaning your house

There is a reason I emphasize the word "lightly." If you are anything like myself, then you can get carried away with a simple task, which leads to an even longer "To-Do" list. This is exactly what you want to avoid.

If you are going to clean, keep it simple, and stick to dusting or sweeping. Allow yourself a MAXIMUM of an hour.

4. Doing a face mask

I typically try to do a face mask once a week, because there are significant benefits proven for your skin. I also love the idea of "pampering myself" and taking a moment to relax.

Sunday is such a good day to spoil your face because it forces you to sit down for at least 15 minutes and allow your mask to set in.

5. Going out for brunch

After a long weekend of whatever it is that you do, a hearty brunch can satisfy your needs.

This is also the best way to cure that screaming hangover. Trust me, it is okay to order a Sprite with your breakfast.

6. Taking a bath

Living in a sorority makes this option limiting for me. However, if I could, you BET I would be sitting in a hot bath on a Sunday afternoon. Probably every Sunday afternoon, honestly. Turn on your favorite tunes and pop in a bath bomb, and your Sunday will be that much better.

7. Doing a light work out

Working out is one of the best stress relievers. After some of these crazy weeks we deal with, working out doesn't sound like the worst idea.

8. Watching Netflix in bed

Binge, binge, and binge until your heart is full of happiness. I am currently attached at the hip with Meredith Grey, therefore, my Sunday's consist solely of my bed and Netflix.

9. Making yourself some tea

I get that not everyone is a tea person, so this option might not be your "cup of tea." (Hehe.) But if you are a tea person, start off your Sunday right! Steep some yummy herbal tea and chill out.

10. Meditating

I cannot emphasize this one enough. Meditating is so good for your health, brain, and happiness. Even if it only involves you sitting in silence for 5 minutes, that counts. Give your brain a well-deserved break.

11. Baking

Baking is like killing two birds with one stone. You not only get to eat the goodies, but your house fills up with cozy smells, too.

12. Taking a break from social media

All week long our eyes are glued to our screens. Just about every aspect of life requires the internet, especially school and work. Thus, it is just about inevitable that we be on our phones. However, if you have a decent weekend schedule, Sunday should be a work-free day which means that you don't have to be on your phone. Take the opportunity while you can to destimulate your brain.

13. Getting a manicure or pedicure

Not everyone is lucky enough to get this option, especially college students. But if you have some extra spending money, go ahead and pamper yourself.

14. Going to church

Get out of bed a little earlier this Sunday and hit up your local service.

Going to church always allows me to remember where my priorities fall and gets me ready for the week ahead of me.

15. Calling a long-distance friend

We all know how busy everyone is during the week and know that there is limited time to squeeze in a phone call. With that being said, spend an hour out of your Sunday to catch up with your long-distance bestie and the heart that Chad broke last weekend.

16. Catching up on laundry

This may not be your favorite option, but you will feel so good and accomplished when it's done!

Hopefully, this list can help you have a bomb Sunday this week!