Make Your Summer Unforgettable By Trying Out These 9 Cool Water Sports

Because summer is the perfect time for new experiences!

79

Summer is the perfect season for adventure, and what more adventurous than trying out new things! There are many extreme water sports out there that might seem too crazy, but as millennials, this is our chance to try them out. It will only get harder as we get older, so why not make every summer of our youth memorable? Here are some water sport ideas that you could try out to make this and every summer unforgettable!

Some are more extreme than others, so make sure that you follow all the safety guidelines to prevent any serious injuries from happening. If you don't know what those guidelines are, you should ask an expert before you attempt any of the following activities. Accidents can and will happen if you are not careful. Safety comes first! Other than that, enjoy and have a blast!

1. Jet Skiing

Jet skiing is the quick way to get your adrenaline levels at their all-time highest! Riding a jet ski feels like riding a motorcycle, only A LOT easier and a lot more fun; now you're going faster and you're bouncing over waves! It's something that you can do alone or with another adventure seeker. Jet Skis also allow you to enjoy the waterfront, and to make the most of your location!

2. Flyboarding

Flyboarding (or hydroflying) is an exciting and relatively new extreme sport. The flyboard is attached to a watercraft, and when you hop on, the water will be impelled underneath your feet on the gadget. You can go many feet in the air, or you can even dive beneath the water's surface! Once you practice with it enough and you get the hang of it, you will be able to do cool tricks like spin and flip. If you are not able to flip, no worries, this is going to be a one-of-a-kind experience no matter what!

3. Water skiing

All you need for this activity is a set of skis that are towed behind a boat via a rope, and a handle which is also attached to the boat. There are three kinds of water skiing: barefoot, slalom, and tournament skiing, and they are all extremely fun! This famous and beloved sport lets you glide over the water super fast! If you enjoy going at top speed, what are you waiting for, this sport is for you!

4. Tubing

Tubing is another exciting activity that lets you glide over the water. It is similar to waterskiing because you are once again being pulled by a boat, but instead of trying to balance on a set of skis, you are sitting comfortably in a donut! Yep, a donut! Because of their shape, the tubes are often referred to as “donuts". Hopefully you won't be too hungry because of the name, and you will still be able to enjoy the amusing ride!

5. Surfing

Surfing remains by far the most difficult (and some might say attractive) water sport to master. It requires excellent balance and endurance. For some people it may be challenging to even stand on the board, let along to actually surf. That is totally normal! Nobody became a surfer in one day. All successful surfers have spent a lot of time practicing, so don't be disappointed if you fail. What matters is that you attempted and that you gave this new experience a try! Kudos on you for being a risk taker!

6. Wind-Surfing

Wind surfing is the ultimate combination of surfing and sailing. Even though still challenging, it is nowhere near as hard as regular surfing. In this case, you are standing on a surf board, but you are holding on to a sail that you get to control. You become skilled at many things at once!

7. Parasailing

Just imagine a sport that combines the thrills of speed and heights, with picturesque views… ecstatic! You don't have to be a daredevil to try parasailing. You get to sit back and enjoy the glide through the air, wearing an open parachute, while being towed by a motorboat. When the flight ends, you have the option to slowly land on the boat, or to get dipped in the water (how thrilling!). Just let the reservationist and the captain know, prior to your ride.

8. Snorkeling

Snorkeling is laid back, easy, and a lot of fun. All you need is a diving mask, a snorkel (no way!) and, if you wish, swim fins. Snorkeling lets you explore the colorful and vibrant world that's hidden beneath the surface of the crystal waters. The view is fascinating, filled with a plethora of beautiful creatures that often go unnoticed. You will find yourself feeling like a true explorer, lost in the wonders of a mysterious cosmos!

9. Swimming

Although swimming might not sound as fancy as the other water sports, it still remains a classic form of entertainment. You can choose among different strokes: freestyle, breaststroke, backstroke, or butterfly. Whichever one you prefer, you will be able to work-out while having fun! You can swim on your own, with friends, or against them. Fun twist: Whoever gets last to the finishing line has to buy drinks for the rest of the group!