Summer Turning Into Summer--Finally

Summer Turning Into Summer--Finally

2
Summer Turning Into Summer--Finally

Today was the second to last day of work for me. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

There is nothing sweeter than knowing the hard work you've been putting into your job all summer is almost over. Being able to look out the windows and think to yourself, I am almost out of there for good. 

Those were my feelings as I clocked out for the second to last time. Of course, the last is the best--and most bittersweet. There's just something about a workplace that you've been at for three years. You just don't feel like you're ready to go when you're leaving, but when you're there you know it's time to leave. That about sums up my feelings for where I work. 

My coworkers are fantastic. The food is delicious--I work in a restaurant. My boss' daughter is my best friend and everyone thinks we're twins. Customers are always caring--and annoying, but they also have the best jokes. But I am ready to wave goodbye.

With only three weeks left of freedom til it's rush time, I need to start getting down to business--A.K.A. doing nothing. I have been cooped by all summer long in black work pants, the indoors, the grind of it all and it is finally time to let go of that place. 

Sure, I'll come back for gathering--a coworker's wedding, graduations for some, the holiday parties. But, other than that? It's been nice knowing ya. 

Catch you all on the flip side.