7 Summer Trends You'll See On Campus This Year
Seasonal

7 Summer Trends You'll See On Campus This Year, Until It Gets Cold

It's that time of the year again! School is back in session and classes are starting up again. Check out these summer trends that can be worn to class or to a night out.

89
https://www.instagram.com/laurencaruso_/?hl=en

Going back to school means getting organized, starting fresh, and, for me, putting together new outfits. Instagram is my go-to for style inspiration, and these trends were all over my feed this summer. Spending the summer in NYC as an intern also provided me with a ton of style inspiration. Even though summer has come to an end, these pieces can easily transition into the school year.

Bike shorts

I won't lie to you and say I jumped on this trend right off the bat. It took some time for me to purchase my first pair of bike shorts, and now I can't stop wearing them. They're so much more comfortable than leggings (especially when it's hot out), and can be worn to class with an oversized t-shirt or under a wrap dress for a night out.

Transparent bags

A clear, plastic material makes a tote bag, backpack, or fanny pack instantly more chic. Also, it allows you to show off your new planner and other school accessories!

Scrunchies

The hair scrunchie is making a huge comeback right now. Trade your boring hair tie in for a fun colored scrunchie to achieve an instant Carrie Bradshaw or Stephanie Tanner look.

Lucite earrings 

Walking around NYC, this was one of the trends I saw the most. A lucite earring provides a more fun look than just a gold or silver earring.

Animal print

Animal print looks good on skirts, blouses, and t-shirts. This trend dominated summer style and is a definite go-to for fall. Wear an animal print t-shirt with jeans to class or a cheetah print skirt for a night out.

Dad shoes

This is the most-seen trend on Instagram right now. A chunky sneaker is great for school since you can dress them up or down. They are super comfortable, making them perfect for walking to class or going out with your friends.

Bucket hats 

Move over, baseball caps. A bucket hat can immediately cure a bad hair day or if you wake up late and need to quickly get ready for class.

Summer may be over, but these styles are here to stay. If you didn't wear any of these trends over summer, it's not too late! Try them out this school year, whether you're going to class or spending a night out with friends.